Buckingham Palace

Aug 18th, 2006, 07:07 PM
Original Poster

Buckingham Palace

OK, I goofed and posted on the general European tread, so I'm going to shorten and repost my question here. I just read on the web that the State Rooms in Buckingham Palace are only opened for a short time and that you need/should purchase advanced tickets to get in. Does any know the who, what and where or how to get into this attraction? Thanks
Aug 18th, 2006, 07:09 PM
Original Poster

I don't know what's going on here, but disregard this second posting......I'm an idiot.
Aug 18th, 2006, 07:18 PM
Original Poster

Disregard completely. I found my answer a few posts down.
Aug 19th, 2006, 01:23 AM

OK
Aug 19th, 2006, 03:37 AM

Sorry to say I lost the site.. but Buckingham Palace is usually opened from mid-Augut to mid-September while the Queen is away.. You should buy tickets ahead of time..and they are timed. We went several years ago and I was overwhelmed with the beauty, art and furnishings.. There are self-guided tours and if you buy the booklet its a great help.. Most of the furnishings were bought hundreds of years ago from France when they were up for sale..lol.. I stupidly asked a guide if the orchids were real......The tour ends in the garden,, It's a tour that should be done very, very leisurely....