Reload this Page >

Brussels or Bruges

Search

Brussels or Bruges

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 02:40 PM
mphall

Brussels or Bruges

I can only stay two nights in either city. Does anyone have a preference. I know I could stay in Brussels and take the train to Bruges but would prefer not to. Any help would be great!

Old Feb 28th, 2002, 04:01 PM
Liz

Bruges is worth more time than Brussels. Stay there and take a day trip to Brussels (50 minutes away).

Old Mar 3rd, 2002, 07:58 AM
pete

I second the recommendation to stay in Brugge and go to Brussels via train for a quick trip if you want to see Brussels. We stayed in Brugge 3 nights and Brussels 1 night, and preferred Brugge by far. Very nice hotels, excellent restaurants, small, walkable city, restored medieval buildings. I really enjoyed it.

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 02:42 AM
Lynn

Bruges, without any doubt! I'm from Belgium, I know both cities and I'm still convinced that Bruges is so much nicer. Did you know it's called 'Venice of the North"?

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 08:31 AM
Kristen

I also vote for Bruges...just came back from a week spent entirely in Bruges and it was fabulous - would return there in a second!!!

Old Mar 18th, 2002, 08:39 AM
Georgine

Another vote for Bruges over Brussels!!<BR><BR>In fact, before I would make even a "day trip" to Brussels, I'd go to Ghent instead.<BR>