Search

Brussels hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22nd, 2001, 07:00 PM
jean

Brussels hotels

Any suggestions for 1 night only in Brussels on a Monday night? Am trying to find something under $150/night. Have found at Hotel Welcome ($75) & Ibis off the Grand Place ($105)--any comments on these re location, safety, ...? I see the Jolly Sablon is recommended, but the rooms are about $260US/night. Thanks for your help! <BR>Jean

Old Jun 23rd, 2001, 12:16 AM
Myriam

The Ibis is one block away from Grand Place. The best location and safe i.m.o. It is not a fancy hotel but will do very good for just one night.

Old Jun 23rd, 2001, 01:16 AM
JOdy

We stayed at the Welcome a year or 2 ago. It is very small 6 or 7 rooms, but the room itself was quite large, king sized bed, etc. The area seemed quite safe to us and was very quiet at night. It is located a short distance from Grand Place, a metro stop rightoutside the door, and their restaurant Truite d'Argent is EXCELLENT! Sophie & Michel are totally charming hosts. <BR>I know they have renovateed in the past year as I looked at their website awhile ago .

Old Jun 23rd, 2001, 08:03 PM
Lana

We stayed at the Ibis off Grand-Place 3 weeks ago and it's great because it's within walking distance to Grand Place and shopping and other sights. It's perfect for just one night and it's a 3 minute walk to the train station (if you need to take the train to Brussels Airport).

Old Jun 24th, 2001, 07:02 AM
Tom

I've stayed at LeMeridian several times. It is the most convenient for the Grand Place and also directly across from the main train station.

Old Jun 24th, 2001, 08:53 AM
Carla

Tom, The question was to find a room under 150$. The Meridien is indeed a nice and luxury hotel but way out of budget: the cheapest room for an overnight stay is 12000 BF (267$)....

Old Jun 24th, 2001, 04:58 PM
Tom

I haven't been there since September. I pulled my receipt and only paid $99 per night. They must have been having a Fall special! Sorry I couldn't help.Tom

Old Jun 25th, 2001, 06:31 PM
jean

Thanks for the replies. Looks like we will be booking the Ibis.

Old Aug 29th, 2001, 06:28 PM
Pete

If you can time your visit on a friday, sat, or sunday night, the Radisson SAS has doubles for a weekend rate of 150 euros (approx. $135)

Old Aug 29th, 2001, 09:30 PM
BTilke

I'd check around a little before committing yourself to a budget hotel like the Welcome or Ibis...many of the hotels have specials going (you don't say how soon your trip is). The Hilton often has rooms available for about $120 a night. I would avoid the downtown Sheraton, though. The hotel and its facilities are fine, but the Place Rogier area is not the best place to be at night, especially on your own. <BR>I'll check for some other hotels...although there's nothing wrong with the Ibis or the Welcome. <BR>BTilke (Brussels)

Old Oct 10th, 2001, 11:02 AM
Kristen

Just a note since I see folks were discussing Le Meridien - I just booked a night through travelnow.com and the price was fantastic - $117 USD including tax. Definitely worth checkin out.

Old Oct 10th, 2001, 12:24 PM
pete

I found a rate at the Radisson SAS for 150 Euros per night, then, before I left for Europe, I checked the Radisson website again and found a promotional rate for 99 Euros. That was $91.00. We rebooked for the lower rate and stayed at the Radisson. It is close to the Grand Place, and comfortable. It is a full service business hotel, so does not have a lot of charm but we were happy with it (especially for under $100).

Old Oct 11th, 2001, 04:50 PM
Krista

I stayed at Hotel Madeleine last Nov. It's right around the corner from the Grand Place. We paid about $80 a night. Tourist class hotel, but very clean. Included breakfast.

Old Oct 12th, 2001, 07:06 AM
raa

Are you flying in and out of Brussels with an overnight? We stayed at the Ibis at the airport a few years ago, took the train into the city. We thought that arrangement worked out really well.

Old Dec 5th, 2001, 07:54 AM
alex

Check out this site :<BR><BR>http://www.brusselshotelsonline.com<BR><BR>Good luck !