frankfurt germany accomodations

Nov 30th, 2001, 10:48 AM
Dolly

frankfurt germany accomodations

Help!
We have a terribly long layover in frankfurt (9pm-10am) and we're searching for a cheap but clean place to stay near the airport. It seems most things near the airport are quite expensive, why? We are traveling with our 1year old son otherwize we'd just sleep in the very comfortable recliners at the airoport.......

Nov 30th, 2001, 11:13 AM
Giovanni

Since I don't know your dates of travel, I can't provide specific price information. Try the link below for a list of hotels.

http://www.usahotelguide.com/nexres/...urt&country=DE

Dec 3rd, 2001, 03:34 AM
Gar

Hi there,

not only the hotels near the airport are expensive, all in Frankfurt are. There You can find more hotels, and there are a few cheap. I only found this in German, but perhaps there is one in english. If not:

Preis prp Person: price per person

EZ: single
DZ: double

The little signs right from "Preis prp Person" shows You how far it is to the airport.

http://www.frankfurt-touris-mus.de/TISWeb.Dll?LieferInfoSeite(POL||STRUKTUR1?INDEX||H TML_KAT1_K1_S1)

If You dont get it in this, perhaps You try to call or fax the

Touristinfo Hauptbahnhof
60329 Frankfurt am Main
++49 (0)69 212 38800
++49 (0)69 212 37880

opening hours:
Mo - Fr 08:00 - 21:00 (mid europ time)

Or You try to catch Miriam. She knows Frankfurt very well.

Have fun
Gar

Dec 3rd, 2001, 05:00 AM
Miriam

Hi Dolly,

although I don`t know your budget I would advise to have a look into www.hrs.de for hotels. You can book online and without your CC information, it`s in English, as well. There are several reasonable priced Hotels close to the Airport. Especially interesting are the three Astron Hotels in Moerfelden, Kelsterbach and Raunheim. The price should be around 150 DM and they offer a free shuttle to the Airport. Another one is called "Steigenberger Maxx". It`s normally a bit more expensive, but good as well. There`s another Steigenberger right across from Terminal 1 which is a bit more on the pricey side, as well as the Queens and the Sheraton in the main terminal. I really would advise to book via hrs, because your travel agent will never get comparable rates.
Write, if I can help further...and thank you Gar for the confidence in me.

Miriam

Dec 4th, 2001, 07:44 AM
cap

I always stay in Mainz. Its just a short train ride right into the airport station (15-20 mins, I think), and there are several nice little hotels just across the street from Mainz station. Frequent trains to the airport. A lovely little town with a pedestrian area (and even playgrounds!)

The only drawback is, because of construction (maybe its finished, though), its an unstaffed station. You can buy tickets from the machine, but may need help from a local figuring out which train is yours.

Dec 5th, 2001, 02:06 AM
Judy

Try this:
http://www.frankfurt.esprix-hotels.de/index.pg

It is in German, though.

It is right near the airport. The rates are DM 229 to 369. They also have a free aiport shuttle. I think it is one of the better and affordable hotels near the airport.

Dec 5th, 2001, 09:10 AM
Dianne

I stayed at the Queens in October and I'd stay there again. It's 10min from the airport on their free shuttle. Rooms are nice, it was quiet, and breakfast was very good. One website shows rates from $80-$300US depending on the dates.

Search this Thread