Reload this Page >

Brussels - Hotel Deal

Search

Brussels - Hotel Deal

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 08:33 AM
tess

Brussels - Hotel Deal

I just came across a special deal for readers of a Dutch women's magazine "Margriet" for the Grand Hotel Mercure Royal Crown in Brussels (supposedly a 5 star hotel).<BR>For 160.00 Euros (about $140.00) they offer TWO nights in a two-bed room (for 2 persons), 2 buffet breakfasts (not clear if both days or only one), and a welcome cocktail. The hotel website has a special weekend rate for about $130.00 for one night (if you include two breakfasts)<BR><BR>The deal is valid from 2 January through 31 August, every day in January and February, and Friday through Sunday, March through August.<BR>For reservations, you can e-mail the hotel at [email protected] and request the "Margriet-Brussel aanbieding".<BR><BR>And no, I have no affiliation to Margriet, the hotel, or any travel agency.

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 09:11 AM
Patrick

I won't dispute your post as I'm not an expert on this. But I always thought of Mercure hotels as being pretty low end budget. More like staying in a standard Holiday Inn in the states. Am I wrong? Or is this Mercure something special?

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 09:29 AM
Joe

The Mercure at Dinant (in the Ardennes area South of Brussels) is five star and very charming.

Old Jan 14th, 2002, 10:11 AM
Joe

Oops! Mercure at Dinant is Four Star. Still charming. Most Mercures are three and four star.

Old Jan 15th, 2002, 05:51 AM
tess

Well, all I can say is that the Brussels tourism site lists it as a 5 star hotel http://www.brusselstourism.com