Brunch in Paris

Old Apr 15th, 2001, 11:50 AM
Aimee

Brunch in Paris

Any suggestions for Sunday brunch in Paris? French or American in style is fine.

Old Apr 15th, 2001, 01:17 PM
Ursula

Aimée: Hotels like Le Meurice, Le Crillon or Le Royal Monceau are great for brunches.

Old Apr 15th, 2001, 03:31 PM
marianne

Joe Allen's and Coffee Parisien are supposed to be good for American Brunches

Old Apr 15th, 2001, 06:15 PM
susan

Anyplace that's strictly American and touristy is likely to have a brunch. Brunch is an American thing, unknown to Parisians. Along with eating at McDonald's, ordering ketchup for your pomme frites, and wearing a fanny pack, it's the most American thing you can do in Paris. Why not stay home and have brunch, or else since you're in Paris, why not have a wonderful lunch like Parisians do?

Old Apr 15th, 2001, 06:21 PM
Aimee

Susan, it's comments like yours which really deter people from posting on this board. If you can't say anything nice, why say it at all? And by the way, I LIVED in Paris and went to school there. There is a reason I want an "American" brunch, which is of no concern of yours.

Old Apr 15th, 2001, 06:24 PM
Aimee

Thanks Ursula and Marianne for your suggestions!

Old Apr 15th, 2001, 07:22 PM
Christina

I have heard the Hilton near the Eiffel Tower has a good brunch.

Old Apr 16th, 2001, 12:44 AM
btilke

As others have suggested, hotels are a good bet. The Royal Monceau does a very nice (week-end) brunch. The non-hotel choice I can recommend is Au Priori The in the Galerie Vivienne (metro: Bourse). It's a beautiful setting (in 1997, we watched them shoot a television commercial there) and does a great, but crowded, Saturday brunch. FYI, plenty of Parisians there, too. It's a small place and fills us fast--I'd check about reservations. <BR>Btilke

Old Apr 16th, 2001, 02:50 AM
Harold

The Viaduc cafe, 43 avenue Daumesnil (not far from the Gare de Lyon train station)has a jazz brunch every Sunday from about 12 to 3 p m. <BR>Tel : 01 44 74 70 70 <BR>from Harold in Paris