Search

Brugges Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5th, 2003, 08:33 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brugges Hotel

Looking for a small romantic hotel, close to most by foot. Any ideas?
Old Oct 5th, 2003, 11:27 AM

Haven't stayed here but I've heard nothing but rave reviews of No.11 Artist's House

http://users.pandora.be/number11/suite.htm

We'll be in Brugges in 3 weeks but are staying elsewhere with a group of friends, we'll be at the Hotel Bryghia.. www.bryghiahotel.be , this I know is centrally located and a friend checked it out and said it was really nice.
Old Oct 5th, 2003, 11:36 AM

When we visited Bruges on a side trip from Brussels in August we thought this would be our perfect hotel: The Pand Romantik Hotel.
http://www.pandhotel.com/homee.htm
Pricey but beautiful and in a perfect location!
Old Oct 5th, 2003, 01:19 PM

I'll second the Pandhotel. And it also boasts one of the most wonderful breakfasts ever in a pretty room. They do eggs to order in little skillets on an old iron stove, and since we liked the very fresh orange juice, they brought us a big pitcher and put it on our table each morning.
Old Oct 6th, 2003, 06:32 AM
AllyPally

I saw a feature in U.S. Elle Decoration on this one:

http://www.sfeerhotels.nl/sfh/enbe-brugge-11.html

It looks really lovely.

I have also stayed in Relais Oud Huis. Ask for the little room in the back of the hotel, in what might have been a unit for storing grain. you go up a tiny winding stairs to a tartan 4 poster. Bathroom is downstairs.

Old Oct 6th, 2003, 08:54 AM

Anywhere in Brugges is accessible by foot. We walked to the outskirts of the North, South, East and West of the city. So any hotel that is highly recommended is an easy walk. I won't recommend the B and B we stayed at. It wasn't great.
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 02:46 PM
Original Poster

GREAT HELP, THANKS!!!
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 07:36 PM

We stayed three nights at Hotel Bourgoensche Cruyce in June and it matches your requirements. See the other message chain for more info.
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 07:58 PM

The late great Wes Fowler recommended the Ter Duinen to us. It's a nice hotel with friendly owners and a sumptious breakfast in a romantic breakfast room. You can find the particulars through a Google search.
Old Oct 9th, 2003, 04:12 AM

Was just about to add that we'd be staying in Hotel Bryghia at the end of the month but Jody beat me to it.

We'll no doubt have a number of reports/ conflicting opinions to feed back to you after that!
Old Oct 9th, 2003, 11:01 AM

I always respond to this query by saying Hotel Prinsenhof...excellent choice.
Old Oct 9th, 2003, 12:05 PM

Does anyone know of some nice places that are slightly CHEAPER? I went to the websites for many of these and they were out of my range. I need a double room for UNDER 100 euros (something closer to 80 would be ideal) for beginning of January.
Old Oct 9th, 2003, 01:15 PM

Try this site...you should be able to find something for under 100

http://www.cbel.com/belgium_bruges/?order=pop
Old Oct 9th, 2003, 11:19 PM

Check out Hotel Adornes. Small, not that pricy. Excellent setting.
Old Oct 9th, 2003, 11:45 PM

My parents keep all the Travel supplements from a daily newspaper to pass on to me.

There was an article on Bruges a couple of weeks ago that recommended the following:

<i>Montanus Hotel
Classy, sleek, modern, a lovely garden, breakfast served until noon
&pound;90 (a little above 100 Euros but may have offers on)

Hotel Cordoeanier
&pound;45
A hotel with a rustic feel and rooms that are better appointed than its two star status may suggest. The central location makes this hotel extremely good value.</i>

I haven't stayed in either so am just pasting in the Telegraph's opinions.
Old Oct 11th, 2003, 04:46 AM
jmw

MP413, try

http://www.hotels-belgium.com/hb-bru...ermanshuys.htm

We stayed at the Hotel 't Voermanshuys some years ago and were very pleased with it. J.

Old Oct 28th, 2003, 02:29 AM

Hotel Bryghia Report

http://www.bryghiahotel.be/

I really liked the location of this hotel very much - it's a few minutes walk north of the Markt square and in a quiet location backing onto a canal. There are restaurants and tea/ coffee rooms nearby and it's only a few minutes walk to the busier streets surrounding the square. Nowhere is very far away in Brugge...

Rooms:
Our room was spacious, the bed was comfortable, furniture was a strange mix of traditional dark wood items and modern pale wood units but provided what we wanted - some chairs, table, desk etc. Bathroom was plain, clean, nice though the bath was a touch small and no shower curtain meant water over the floor. I liked the room better than many I've stayed in in similar hotels throughout Europe.

Price:
I booked the &quot;Romantic&quot; package - 3 nights double room for 2 adults came to 360 Euros including slightly larger than standard room, chocolates, free city tour and canal tour (both surprisingly worthwhile and worth 16 Euros per person), a free drink each in the hotel bar and a canal view. The view was from the side and nothing to write home about but everything else made this package worthwhile.

Breakfast:
Tea/ coffee/ hot chocolate, fruit juice, boil your own eggs (pan of boiling water and metal basket hooky things provided), breads, croissants, cheeses and hams, fruit, yoghurt, cereals etc.

Staff:
Friendly, helpful, very good English spoken by all 3 that we dealt with

Parking:
It is possible to park in the streets - Myriam (who posts on this board and who chose the hotel for our group) was able to do that. We chose to prebook a locked garage box for 7.5 Euros per night which was located 2 minutes walk away from the hotel and gave us peace of mind.
Old Oct 30th, 2003, 01:26 PM

Thanks to you all. We ended up booking Cordoeanier, for 65 Euros / night, and the 4th night is free, so we're paying 195 for 4 nights. It has an excellent location. I'll report back to you all in January after my trip! (It's a long time to wait!)
Old Oct 30th, 2003, 02:50 PM

Baldrick, we stayed at the Adornes 2 years back and couldn't have been happier.
The rooms were nice with a wonderful view over the canal and ultra modern bathrooms.
The help was friendly and the breakfast room was really something else.
They also had free parking as well as free bikes for the hotel guests.
It's a few blocks from the main square, but also really close to the Main canal with the barges and wind mills.
Old Oct 31st, 2003, 07:04 AM

Be interesting hearing your report.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -