Reload this Page >

Brugge Restaurants

Search

Brugge Restaurants

Search this Thread

Old May 25th, 2001, 01:48 PM
bill

Brugge Restaurants

My wife and I are discriminating diners, place a premium on creative menus, distinguished presenation and value. Looking for your recommendations of memorable Brugge(and Paris) restaurants you would dine at again.

Old May 25th, 2001, 02:52 PM
BillJ

Well, I don't know if I'd call this the bastion of luxurious dining, but what a great meal experience we had at Breidel d'Connic a few weeks ago, in between the Burg and Markt in Brugge. Mussels are their specialty. For starters, my wife and I split a lobster (taken live from a tank by the front door) in a cream sauce, and for the main cours, we split this giant pot of mussels in a white wine and cream sauce. It is a small, intimate restaurant, tables close together, and we had some great conversations with nearby diners. <BR>The wine list looks pretty good, but we enjoyed the Jupiter beer. It's very popular with locals and tourists alike, so you may need reservations in the high tourist season. Bon appettite!

Old May 29th, 2001, 07:13 PM
Anna

We enjoyed our meals at two places in Brugge especially. One was Den Dyver at Dyver 5. Be sure to make advance reservations there. We also ate a very enjoyable meal at a French restuarant in Brugge, but I'll have to look through my luggage to find the receipt from our bill to give you that name and address.

Old May 29th, 2001, 08:19 PM
BTilke

Bill, <BR>De Gouden Hareng is one of the top restaurants in Brugge and seems to be frequented almost exclusively by Belgians. We've eaten there a couple of times and only heard Dutch/Flemish being spoken by the other diners. It's a beautiful restaurant in serious, old Flemish style. I forget the exact address, but will be in Brugge next week and will get you the address and phone number if you're interested. Reservations needed and definitely no sneakers!! <BR>BTilke (Brussels)

Old May 30th, 2001, 07:31 AM
Anna

I found the bill from that nice French restuarant we ate at about 5 days ago in Brugge. It's called L'intermede. <BR>Great food, small, romantic atmosphere.

Old Jun 25th, 2001, 11:25 AM