It's your site!

Old Jun 21st, 2001, 05:54 AM
s.fowler

It's your site!

I've done a bit of a "revamp" on the fodorite pictures page [accessible by going to: http://geocities.com/dhfsbf/fodorite/fodor.htm and clicking on "pictures"]. I was trying to improve page navigation while still preserving the fact that it is you, as individuals, who have contributed the pictures to the site. Let me know if I've messed anything up <BR> <BR>Perhaps this is a good time to ask for suggestions. The site has been up for over 2 years. I have purposely kept the pages simple, code-wise -- mostly for ease of maintenance. I _can_ do something spiffier and will always "tweak" -- but "spiffier" ups the maintenance "ante." [I can DO neat java stuff for example -- but then you have to maintain the neat java stuff] By default the pages have focused on fodorite meetings, travel pictures and trip websites. That's just the way the "beast" has grown. <BR> <BR>Let me know if there is something else you'd like to see and/or a better way you can see to organize the site contents. I AM happy to entertain suggestions [and will take seriously any reasonable offer... ooops wrong forum], but, as the holder of the geocities account where the pages reside, in the end I am responsible. It just seems a timely question to ask given that a lot of people have pictures and sites listed there now and since my only agenda is to serve the europe forumites... well -- you can either post your suggestions here or email me at your convenience. I'll take deafening silence as a vote to keep the pages going as they are

Old Jun 21st, 2001, 10:16 AM
xxx

Topping.

Old Jun 21st, 2001, 10:44 AM
Betty

Looks good to me, Sally. Should be easy to find pictures you want to see (whether by photographer or country). Thanks again for providing this site.

Old Jun 21st, 2001, 11:26 AM
Monica

Looks Great!

Old Jun 21st, 2001, 12:02 PM
s.fowler

Since xxx "topped" and you folks have kept it near the top I'll take the opportunity to tell you that there are some new pictures! Sandy sent some from the Netherlands -- as well as some from Africa -- I KNOW -- not europe -- but these are special [Be patient as some of them are BIG files.] And, given the deteriorating situation in Macedonia I added a few of mine [which I've never done before] of that beautiful, beleaguered country.

Old Jun 21st, 2001, 04:28 PM
xxx

To the top!

Old Jun 22nd, 2001, 03:37 AM
s.fowler

And we have more pictures! John Sevy send me his best from many years of travel -- I had a hard time choosing the 10-12 I've nominally decided that one person can contribute to the page [in order to have room for ALL of you]. They include the first for the page of the former soviet countries as well as a WONDERFUL one of Edinburgh Castle in a light snow! And a group of men playing Pentaque in France. [Maybe someone can explain this game to me?] <BR> <BR>Later today I will put up instructions for sending pictures to me. In brief -- PLEASE email me to say you are sending and wait for my confirmation -- remember that hotamil can't take an email over 1 meg and that the most space I usally have available is 1.5 megs. If your email bounces it is probably either that your email is too big and/or my mailbox limit has been exceeded. <BR> <BR>I can't begin to tell you how much fun it is to open each email and see your visions of what the world looks like! I'm getting to visit [and revisit] many places through your eyes. <BR> <BR>Per usual -- go to http://geocities.com/dhfsbf/fodorite/fodor.htm and click on pictures.

Old Jun 22nd, 2001, 05:50 AM
dan woodlief

I like it, especially the logo.

Old Jun 22nd, 2001, 08:55 AM
s.fowler

Thanks Dan! <BR> <BR>If you get the "webvan" ad with the bouncing beach ball it gets a little psychedelic for these eyes at least <BR> <BR>Two more pictures from John S. have been added as well as a wonderful site on Bavaria by Ben.

Old Jun 22nd, 2001, 11:43 AM
Art

Sally, your site is great. I promise to send you some pics soon. <BR>Cheers <BR>Art <BR>

Old Jun 22nd, 2001, 11:47 AM
s.fowler

That'll be great Art! [and I know there are others out there.....]

Old Jun 22nd, 2001, 12:18 PM
s.fowler

BTW it's not MY site -- it's YOUR site -- in the end I'm responsible, yes -- but what makes the site great are your pictures and websites. I'm just toting the bales so to speak

Old Jun 23rd, 2001, 03:00 AM
s.fowler

It's early [here], the cats are behaving and the spousal unit is sleeping so.. statistics time! <BR> <BR>You have contributed around 150 photographs and 17 websites! <BR> <BR>The breakdown by country is: <BR>France: 42 <BR>Italy: 18 <BR>Netherlands/Germany:13 <BR>Eire/UK: 32 <BR>Spain: 17 <BR>Austria/EE: 11 <BR>'Grand Tour': 17 <BR> <BR>If it doesn't "add up" don't blame me... math is one of my [many] weak links

Old Jun 23rd, 2001, 05:34 AM
topper

to the top!

Old Jun 25th, 2001, 11:29 AM
s.fowler

Some new pictures of France from Sandi M. <BR><BR>Enjoy!