Search

Brugge hotels

Search this Thread

Old May 20th, 2005, 08:04 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brugge hotels

I posted this message before but now it is missing! We are thinking about either Prinsenhof or Hotel Acacia (Best Western) in Brugge for our family for late July. I am wondering if anybody has stayed at the Hotel Acacia? Also, if anyone knows if the standard double rooms at Prinsenhof are big enough for 3 beds or if the deluxe room is bigger. Any thoughts? Thanks, Betsy
Old May 20th, 2005, 08:27 AM

You can find your other post by clicking on your name.

Also...saw your other post but didn't chime in. Don't let breakfast at your hotel be the deciding factor. There are some wonderful little cafes for waffles and such for breakfast, in addition to one of my very faves "Het Dagelijks Brood" (Le Pain Quotidien in French or The Daily Bread in English).
Old May 20th, 2005, 09:55 AM

Prinsenhof is a wonderful hotel. Our double room was very roomy, but did have only one bed and no sofa or hide-a-bed. The bathroom had just been totally updated and was very, very nice. I do not know about triple occupancy rooms. The hotel is owned and operated by a very nice young couple that take tremendous pride in their establishment. They serve a wonderful breakfast, the location is great, and if you are driving they also have a private car park directly behind the hotel. I consider this hotel to be one of the best we have used on our many trips and would not hesitate for one second to stay there again.
Old May 20th, 2005, 11:27 AM
Original Poster

beanweb - when I clicked on my name, the most recent posting that appeared was my beach/Netherlands & Belgium question from a whole back. Curt - the Prinsenhof folks said they can add a bed to any room. Wondering if we should upgrade to deluxe. The hotel sounds lovely.
Old May 31st, 2005, 10:41 AM

Betsy--I just spent 2 nights at the Prinsenhof over the weekend. It was just lovely. I can't comment on the room sizes as I think they are all different. My room was rented as a single but it could hold 2 people. The bathroom looked to be brand new and was flooded with daylight by a skylight. Everything was spotless. The location is superb, it is a tad hard to find tho my cab driver knew right where to go. I did not eat breakfast there as I had very severe jet lag and slept til 11AM the first day! There are plenty of outdoor cafes and tea rooms nearby plus a grocery store (Proxy) around the corner.

I did see the Hotel Acacia and it, too, was lovely.