Bruges Tour from Paris

Search

Bruges Tour from Paris

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20th, 2011, 05:54 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bruges Tour from Paris

Has anyone used Planet CIty for a day trip to Bruges from Paris? What are your thoughts on this company?

My mom and I will be in Paris from 19 March to 25 March and mom really wants to see Bruges (I have been before). However, I really didn't want to go with a large tour operator on a motorcoach. I found two operators who provide tours via a mini bus or mini van; one of those is not running the tour until April 1. The other is Planet City. Besides Planet City, does anyone know of a day trip to Bruges by mini bus with a reputable operator? I sent an email to Planet City last week to confirm they are indeed running the tour, but I have not heard back from them yet (not a good sign).

Any guidance (besides an overnight trip) is most appreciated.
Old Jan 20th, 2011, 06:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You could get there under your own steam but it would be a long day. The high speed Thalys train goes from Paris to Brussels, then from the same station, you can get a local train to Brugge. They run every 30 mins I think. From the station in Brugge you can walk into the centre or catch the local bus from outside the station. I'd check timings before committing though, to see how long you'd actually have in Brugge.

Kay
Old Jan 21st, 2011, 07:13 AM

Check with Parisvision or Cityrama. We did a mini van tour to the Loire. We did the big bus tour to Brugges. Enjoyed both tours.
Old Jan 21st, 2011, 12:02 PM
Original Poster

Thank you Kay and Suzanne for your thoughts. I checked out the train schedules and think that is what we will do. We'll have more time in Bruges less time riding in a bus.

Thank you so much!
Rene
Old Jan 21st, 2011, 03:22 PM

I also recommend taking the train yourselves, Bruges I feel is a place much more enjoyable when going about on your own. Although I know that Thalys' only direct one from Paris to Bruges isn't until the PM, having to transfer would not be a big deal.

traveltalesfromtheredheadedtraveler.blogspot.com/
(My travel writing blog!)