Wanting some advice and recommendations for the flowing rough itinerary I have made. We have two nights in Bruges, meaning one full day (here's to hoping the weather is great!). We are staying 200m south of Markt. We will do a lot of strolling at night to soak up the gorgeous city once its a little quieter.
I think the day looks busy, but want to know whether it is over packed or not.
Saturday - 28 September
-Arrive at Brussels at 2:15PM from Berlin.
**Contemplating whether to get a car service from Brussels airport straight to hotel or to catch the train from Brussels airport to central, then to Bruges, then taxi to hotel. We have two suitcases and don’t want the stress of having to train swap. Can anyone recommend from their experiences?
-Check in to hotel and then walk to Markt and explore area.
Sunday - 29 September
-Climb all 366 steps to the top of the Belfry (8E each) (opens at 9:30am)
-Basilica of the holy blood (free, museum 2E each)
-Begijnhof Museum (2E each)
- Church of Our Lady (under construction – discounted entry 2E each)
-Canal boat tour
-Refresh at hotel
Google map of the day: http://goo.gl/maps/Re0aq
Monday - 30 September
-Take a horse & carriage ride from the Markt.
-Head to train station to leave at 12:36pm for Amsterdam.
**On the T&C's I have received with the tickets, it doesn't mention whether we have to be there earlier or not. The train is Bruges to Brussels, then Thalys to Amsterdam. There is an 18 minute stop over which I'm assuming is enough time to swap trains. Will I have to arrive to the Bruges station early?
Thank you in advance for all your help!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 BROTHER printer 1:888:482:3831 contact installations brother Tec*h care
- 2 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 3 Milan airport--which one
- 4 Paris Apartment
- 5 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 6 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 7 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 8 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 9 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 10 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 11 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 12 Barcelona to Malaga
- 13 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 14 How to go up Schafberg Mountain when railway is closed
- 15 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 16 Which Area in London?
- 17 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 18 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 19 Paris November 2017
- 20 Getting around Lisbon
- 21 HOW MUCH SHOULD I TIP THE PILOT
- 22 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 23 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 24 Visit to France
- 25 First time in Spain