Brittany or Provence in May

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29th, 2023, 02:52 PM
Original Poster

Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts

We are going to be in the Basque region in April-May 2024 and after that we planned to visit Bordeaux and the Brittany region since we have not been to this area of France before. However, I'm wondering if the weather will be rainy at that time. Has anyone been to Brittany in May? We are planning to spend 3 weeks in the area and are now thinking Provence might be a better choice for May. It's been 14 yrs since we've been to Provence.
Any thoughts or feedback is appreciated.
Karen
Old Aug 29th, 2023, 08:38 PM

Received 28 Likes on 4 Posts
We've visited Brittany in May 2019 and the weather was fine. However, with the pace of climate change its impoosible to hazard a guess what to expect anymore. Anycase, May and Sep are our preferred months to visit Europe, to avoid crowds. Provence would be great in May too.
Old Aug 29th, 2023, 11:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We have been to Brittany in April and May and had great weather, but you cannot guarantee that, either in Brittany or in Provence. Choose which area appeals the most and accept the weather you are given.
Old Aug 30th, 2023, 12:06 AM

As ANUJ has said often May is lovely in Brittany, but the weather is more likely to be warmer in Provence. Take a look at some of the weather information over the past 5 years but expect the unexpected. I would look at what you want to do and then go for it.
Old Aug 30th, 2023, 02:55 AM

Brittany for the month of May 2023 was fabulous weather. Cool in the first two weeks and then warm. Hardly any rain days. It really is a stunning area.
Old Aug 30th, 2023, 06:01 AM

Last year a fodorite offered books on Provence, I took her up on it and as a consequence will be there in March. She sent about 20 books and some maps. would you like some of them? PM your address and I will mail to you.
Old Aug 30th, 2023, 06:30 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As Mark Twain said, climate is what you expect, weather is what you get. Go to the place you most want to see.
Old Aug 30th, 2023, 11:20 AM
Original Poster

Received 15 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks to all for your feedback on Brittany and weather. We were actually looking forward to seeing Brittany since we've not been there before. We will stay with our original plan and see Brittany.

jan47ete: Thank you for your offer to send books and maps. I may take you up on that if we head back to Provence next year. I really appreciate the offer!