Reload this Page >

Brits in Tuscany

Search

Brits in Tuscany

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30th, 2000, 01:29 PM
Leathea

Brits in Tuscany

Where do British citizens vacation in Tuscany? Please be specific.

Old Oct 2nd, 2000, 07:58 PM
Nick

Yes, good question. I'd like to know too, so I could avoid the area. <BR>Nick

Old Oct 8th, 2000, 08:11 PM
bjorkk

What's the point of being nasty?

Old Oct 9th, 2000, 12:47 AM
Tracy

They don't call it 'Chiantishire' for nothing! The chattering classes are really thick on the ground during July & August . . . <BR> <BR>Run away -- run far away! (Or try Umbria.) 8)

Old Oct 9th, 2000, 04:38 AM
Ellie

Tracy, you have brought up a phrase I have always wanted explained: "chattering classes." I have come across this before in British usage; can you define this for me?

Old Oct 9th, 2000, 04:56 AM
Tracy

Hey again . . . it's obviously crossed The Pond, I've seen it in American journalism too: <BR> <BR>http://www.time.com/time/magazine/19..._talk_o18.html <BR> <BR>Privileged, upper-middle to upper class (what the Brits confusingly call 'middle class') people who have nothing better to do while enjoying their stiff evening drink - than discuss the issues of the day. <BR> <BR>HTH! And I'm still interested in knowing where *not* to go . . . here's an article about the Chiantishire set: <BR>http://www.telegraph.co.uk/et?ac=003...17/wmaf17.html <BR>8)