Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Will lunch at Jules Verne allow you to bypass the observation line?

Old Oct 6th, 2000, 08:46 PM
jm

If you have reservations for lunch at the Jules Verne restaurant in the Eiffel Tower, can you also go up to the observation level, or do you still have to go back down and stand in the regular line?

Old Oct 7th, 2000, 12:14 PM
Sharon

Yes, there is a private entrance and elevator to Jules Verne. We were there for lunch and it was excellent...pricey but well worth the price. We are going again in December when we visit Paris. Enjoy

Old Oct 8th, 2000, 12:26 PM
Patti

How does one make reservations at the Jules Verne? Should they be made prior to departure or upon arrival in Paris? I've heard horror stories on the amount of smokers in the restaurant. I KNOW I would not enjoy a meal sitting next to a smoker. Any comments? Thanks, Patti

Old Oct 8th, 2000, 12:29 PM
elaine

for the Jules Verne, reserve months in advance. Your hotel front desk staff or concierge should be happy to do this for you.

Old Oct 8th, 2000, 02:30 PM
tina

We called Jules Verne on Friday to make reservation for March 21 and a person taking reservation suggested to call in February. They have a certain number of tables alwyas reserved for Parisians and my husband is one of them so there is no need to worry too early.

Old Oct 9th, 2000, 06:13 AM
Deena

You can make reservations on line using reservethebest.com. We used it a few weeks ago, and it worked out great!! We even requested a window seat and got it.