British Air and cheap fares!

Old Jan 8th, 2001, 10:52 AM
elvira

British Air and cheap fares!

I got an email from travelocity, and confirmed with my travel agent: r/t to London is on sale. From Phoenix, $490; from the east coast, I think they give YOU money to get on the plane. I just booked a flight for mid-February!

Old Jan 8th, 2001, 11:01 AM
Lori

I rec'd that same e-mail, unfortunately can't go then -- but we are going in April but it does cost a little more (but the flowers are blooming and the trees have leaves so I'm not complaining) Fares are so cheap from the east coast, it does make us westerners quite jealous.

Old Jan 8th, 2001, 03:48 PM
time-to-go

-
YES, British Airways has a great sale for winter travelers. It includes many destinations from the US (not just NY or LA gateways) and destinations include London, Paris, Rome & other cities in Europe.

Have to act quickly - think you need to make your purchase by Wed, Jan 10th!

Old Jan 9th, 2001, 03:30 AM
Tony Hughes

BA had full-page ads in the papers last weekend with a 'sale' of flights worldwide from London.

To Phoenix it was 259 ($370?). BA's british website (not sure if americans can get access to it or if it redirects you to BA's american site) quoted about 279 in early feb (about $400).

Old Jan 9th, 2001, 03:55 AM
Judy

HI Elvira, when are you going to London? Maybe we can do lunch or something? Tony: the BA site does direct you to their American site, FYI.
Judy

Old Jan 9th, 2001, 07:10 AM
Tony Hughes

assume we're talking about same flight - san diego-phoenix-gatwick and back, yeah?

gets into phoenix 2.50pm weekdays, presume then goes to san diego turns around and comes back to phoenix before heading back to gatwick.

Old Jan 9th, 2001, 07:57 AM
elvira

Yes, it's the non-stop Phx<>London flight that's a god-send to us desert rats.
Judy, I'm there Feb 19-26, with a couple of days on the Continent. Lunch sounds good to me (actually, any activity involving food sounds good to me).

Old Jan 9th, 2001, 09:01 AM
Mia

BA is starting non-stop service from San Diego to Gatwick now (so no Phoenix layover). But don't know if the special fares apply to these flights.

Old Jan 9th, 2001, 12:43 PM
Judy

Elvira. We will be in London Feb.13-20. Hope we will not be "like ships that pass in the night" ;-)! Tiny ships, of course! Hope you get your schedule all smoothed out and let me know. Judy