Reload this Page >

Bringing back wine

Search

Bringing back wine

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7th, 2001, 02:03 PM
Richard

Bringing back wine

In a couple weeks we will be returning from the Languedoc region, departing Toulouse and connecting at LGW for our flight home. We usually bring back wine and some Muscat. Has anyone experienced problems at security points with wine bought not in the duty free shops but at local vineyards and being carried on-board.

Old Nov 7th, 2001, 02:07 PM
Chrissy

Richard - We recently brought wine back and had no problems. Granted it was only a few bottles, but they were were more concerned with my nail file and eyeglass repair kit!

Old Nov 7th, 2001, 04:28 PM
Rex

I have posted here more than once about the ease with which I have brought back a dozen bottles or so in my CHECKED luggage (packed in a rollaboard, and then the entire rollaboard "swaddled" inside clothes in a very large duffel bag). And I did so again on September 30 (2001).<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Nov 7th, 2001, 04:41 PM
deb

Richard,<BR><BR>Brought home four bottles of Brunello di Montalcino along with numerous other glass items (Venice picture frames, Montalcino ceramic bottle stoppers, oil & vinegar carafes (sp?), etc.). Had packed all very well in a roll bag & duffle bag (with dirty t-shirts & khakis, bubble wrap I had brought, etc.) just in case they wouldn't let us carry on. Had no problem except for having to unpack & re-pack every single thing from the duffle bag in Venice. Everything made it home safely. So, Christmas is at least 1/3 done.<BR><BR>DFW 11/7/01

Old Nov 7th, 2001, 07:09 PM
Nancy

Deb, add my name to your Christmas list...Please......Great gifts!! I have read on other boards that there has been no problem with carry on wine. local or duty free.

Old Nov 8th, 2001, 08:03 AM
Joanne

It has been a few years, but we managed to get three bottles of Sherry and two glasses (from the bodega we visited) home from Spain intact. We too wrapped them in soft clothing and had them pretty well insulated from the hard sides of the luggage.<BR><BR>Going back to Italy next year and hope to bring home some wine. Until then this was our personal best!<BR><BR>j