Brenner Pass in November

Sep 18th, 2001, 06:07 AM
Miriam

Brenner Pass in November

Hello,

I need to cross the Brenner Pass in November(8th.) on my way from Germany to Venice. Although I`ve taken that route dozens of times I`ve never been there in November before. What should I aspect? Do I already need winter tyres or chains?

Thanks for your replies

Miriam

Sep 18th, 2001, 07:47 AM
Alec

As Brenner Pass is quite low in altitude (1374m/4500ft), it'll probably be ok in November. If it's closed by snow, you can always take the autobahn instead, which is kept open all the year round. You have to pay toll, though.

Sep 18th, 2001, 04:30 PM
Mika

The Brenner has little snow, but in november we have winter tyres on our cars. Here in Switzerland at the moment we have snow down to 1200 meters and it is very cold for this time of the year. I am not saying that you will need them, but I would be cautious.

Sep 19th, 2001, 01:41 AM
Miriam

Thanks Alec and Mika

Mika:I´ve asked this question, because where I live in Germany we sometimes get no snow at all and I only use the snow tyres from December to February. I guess I`ll play it safe and use them for that trip.

Miriam

Sep 29th, 2001, 11:54 PM
Gar

Venedig im Herbst, wow, das bringst Du die richtige Stimmung dem Wetter nach ja schon mit. Viel Spaß und nicht zu viel Regen.
Gar

Search this Thread