Boutigue hotels Barcelona???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15th, 2003, 02:31 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are traveling first to BCN in Late Oct. We prefer small luxury boutique hotels well located. Does anyone have any sugestions 150-200/night. How is the weather in Late Oct?
Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 16th, 2003, 09:27 AM
Original Poster

ttt
Old Jul 16th, 2003, 10:05 AM

La Gran Florida, Barcelona

On top of Barcelona's Mount Tibidabo, this was once a famous grand hotel, attracting guests such as Ernest Hemingway and James Stewart, the Stein Group, which owns the Son Net on Majorca and Blake's hotel in Amsterdam, has been renovating it for the past two years into a 74-room resort.

www.hotellaflorida.com
Old Jul 17th, 2003, 06:13 AM
Original Poster

Have you stayed there? And how far from the Ramblas and Barrio Gothic? Thank you.
Old Jul 17th, 2003, 06:37 AM

The following hotels are popular on this site, run a search:

Claris (derbyhotels.es)
Condes (condesdebarcelona.com)
Ritz (not the Arts, ritz-barcelona.com)
Majestic (hotelmajestic.es)

I have stayed at the Arts, the Majestic and the Claris and would recommend any of them, although the Arts and Claris are a bit more luxurious, IMO.

Other than the Arts, the three hotels are walkable to Barri Gothic and the Ramblas (probably about 15 minute walk.) They are extremely well located for the Gaudi buildings and shopping Paseig de Gracia and close to Diagonal, another popular area, esp for restaurants.

The Arts is a beautiful, larger hotel that is great because it is on the water and has a beautiful pool with ocean views. In October that may not matter much to you. Also, check out the Rants and Raves for Barcelona hotels on this page.

I don't know the La Gran Florida mentioned above, but the Mount Tibidabo area is NOT walkable for the Ramblas or Bari Gothic and is not convenient at all, IMO. This area is the top of a hill to the north of the main part of the city. You will need to take a taxi, bus or the funicular back down the hill every time you wanted to go into town. The Arts is even better located than the La Gran Florida, and even the Arts would not really be walkable to the bottom of the Rambals.
Old Jul 17th, 2003, 06:40 AM

I need to correct my post above. The "Arts" I was referring is the Hotel Barcelona Arts, run by Ritz-Carlton. Go to ritz-carlton.com for information. I copied the above from a recent response of mine to a question about hotels other than the Ritz-Carlton, sorry for any confusion.

There is also a Ritz hotel, as mentioned in my first post. It is very well located, I haven't seen the rooms. It has the Ritz name in Spain, so the Ritz-Carlton is known by another name.
Old Jul 17th, 2003, 06:41 AM

Mont Tibidabo looked quite far away from the Barcelona city center, 2 times away than Parc Guell ? The place could well be reached only by cable car or funicular. But a temple like building on the top of Tibidabo caught my eye.

Amrdia, what do you expect from a "small luxurious hotel"? I don't think you can quite get luxury for 150-200 range especially in Barcelona.

Perhaps you want to text-search "Barcelona and Hotel Prestige". This 4* hotel has been open since less than a year on Passeig de Gracia near one of the Gaidi's building. I visited only the entrance and breafast room areas but it looked nice and I got a "boutique hotel" feeling. Bang & Oulfsen audio/TV system in each room seemed a bit of de luxe to me. They have a web site.
Old Jul 17th, 2003, 11:24 AM
Original Poster

As I hace only recently begun my Spain search, I was unsure of prices. I was comaparing Rome-Venice. I would like an old world feel. I can stay at the W's and Westin's in US. Something more than a blank wall and simple bed. OLD world Inn 30 rooms or less located in area of interest. Thanks for all of your replies and please continue.