Reload this Page >

Booking Accommodations

Search

Booking Accommodations

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28th, 2000, 08:03 AM
msmith

Booking Accommodations

Hello- <BR>I am attempting to book the Porto Roca in Cinque Terre, and the Torre Burchio in Umbria for 3 days each at the end of June. Each of these places has indicated that they are only accepting reservations for 7 day stays. <BR> <BR>Am I very early, or just out of luck? Any hints that anyone could provide would be appreciated. Thanks in advance & Happy New Year to all!!

Old Dec 28th, 2000, 08:32 AM
elaine

Hi <BR>I don't know those hotels, but it sounds to me that they've clearly stated their boopolicies for high season, regardless of the fact that you are inquiring 6 months in advance (which for some popular hotels isn't that far in advance, actually). Sounds like out of luck.

Old Dec 28th, 2000, 03:52 PM
Deena

It is odd that the Porto Roca is not accepting reservations for less than a 7 day stay. We stayed there five years ago for three days but it was in May. Perhaps June is different. Good luck!

Old Dec 28th, 2000, 05:29 PM
Larry

We tried unsuccessfully to get into Porto Roco in Sept 99. We ended up staying at the other 4 star in Monterosso. It was not close to the Porto Roco. i recommend you try very hard for the Porto Roco or Stay in Portovenre and visit Cinque Terre by boat. I have never heard of the 7 day min.

Old Dec 29th, 2000, 12:05 AM
Kimerley

Try La Torretta in Manarola. We are booked in for 7 days in June 2001. They are a B&B,so you could probably book in for 3 nights. We booked their apartment with sea views. <BR>Sea is a 5 min walk, train station close by. <BR>www.cinqueterre.net/torretta <BR>PS. We booked months ago and quite a few of our first choices for various places in Italy were booked out. Good luck

Old Dec 29th, 2000, 12:07 AM
Kimerley

addit, La Torretta is not rated 4 stars!!!!