Book on British/American English

Sep 3rd, 1999, 07:33 PM
Lynn

Book on British/American English

I tried a search and came up empty handed. I've read past posts about a book called Brit Speak/Amera Speak or something of the sort.....the subtle differences/meanings between the 2. Could someone give me the exact title and/or author's name? Thank you so much!

Sep 3rd, 1999, 08:04 PM
lynn

Hi Lynn:

Try this site:

http://www.effingpot.com/

It may not be what you're looking for, but it's a very funny English/American dictionary written by a Brit who lived in Texas for two years.

Sep 4th, 1999, 10:56 AM
Lynn

Taking this to the top one last time in hopes for the answer. Thank you, another "Lynn" for your post. I appreciate it.

Sep 4th, 1999, 01:07 PM
Karen

It is called Brit-think, Ameri-think...cannot recall author's name...read about it on amazon.com

Sep 4th, 1999, 01:59 PM
wes fowler

Lynn,
The British Travel Bookshop, 551 Fifth Ave, 7th floor, NY, NY 10176 lists British-American Language Dictionary, "a comprehensive look at language differences which can be easily misinterpreted" and English-American:American-English "a handy glossary of everyday words both informative for the visitor and evocative for the expatriate".

Sep 4th, 1999, 06:57 PM
Lynn

Many thanks, Karen, THAT'S the title! Thank you also, Wes. I always appreciate your posts and learn a lot from them.