Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Bonjour from Reims - and a drink in Paris ?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20th, 2011, 12:38 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just wanted to say 'Bonjour ' from beautiful (and today a little chilly) France.

Just coming to the end of a busy week in beautiful Champagne country and the lovely town of Reims after a warm and sunny previous week in Paris. The entire trip so far has been a sublime adventure, and I hope to write a brief trip report telling you a bit of what I've been up to when I return home.
Next week takes me to La Rochelle and Toulouse, and then finally 5 days in Paris before heading home.

Those 5 days are Oct. 28th - Nov 1st and though they're jammed packed, just wondered if any of the local Paris posters or visitors who may be around those days might want to meet for a quick drink somewhere. My schedule is very tight but I will fit in an hour if anyone can and wants to. Oct. 28th, 29th and 30th are the days that are good for me. Just let me know whats a good time and I'll try to adjust my schedule accordingly.
Sorry for the short notice - this only recently became a possibility - and sometimes impromptu meetings are good.

A+

Mathieu
Old Oct 20th, 2011, 01:07 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
bonsoir, Mattieu.

sadly I won't be in Paris at the same time as you, but i hope you have a great time.

please come back to give us a trip report - Reims is one of my favourite places as it was the first place in France that we stopped at when I was on my first foreign holiday with my parents, 40 years ago.
Old Oct 20th, 2011, 04:49 PM

Would love to hear all about your time in Reims as we are going there in May. Are you doing a lot of champagne tasting and perhaps you could give me some good advice as to what tours or tastings to do or where to stay.
Old Oct 20th, 2011, 10:32 PM

OOOH-wish it was me, or at the least that I could do a GTG! Oh well, c'est la vie...nice of you to offer.

Will be looking forward to trip report/more details when you can...La Rochelle is one of our favorite cities to visit.

Happy Travels!
Old Oct 21st, 2011, 02:34 PM
Original Poster

Hi Annhig and Cornelius: Yes, Yes and Yes to Reims being a beautiful place, visiting champagne houses and tastings, and suggesting places to stay and places to eat. Just returned from a stunning dinner at the Michelin starred Les Crayeres that included a Chateau d'Yquem 1996 and Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Folatieres 2007, and a meal to match in taste and elegance. It was a brilliant experience in the way of French Dining: beautiful everything. Don't eat like this everyday for sure, but there are all kinds of good eating options in Reims and I've tried many of them too, so happy to recommend.

And yes to you both and Klondike: I'll put together a TR as soon as I can when I'm back home in a couple of weeks.
Old Oct 22nd, 2011, 11:43 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Les Crayeres that included a Chateau d'Yquem 1996 and Puligny-Montrachet 1er Cru Les Folatieres 2007, and a meal to match in taste and elegance>>

just looked at it on their website - it looks fantastic, but I would be slightly put off [all right, a lot put off] by the lack of a menu or prices in the main restaurant. great to do occasionally I'm sure.

care to share what you had to eat?