Bologna train station

Search

Bologna train station

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7th, 2003, 03:05 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bologna train station

I just read an article that says not to take a train in Italy that goes through Bologna because there was such a long line because they check people luggage since they had a terrorist problem there a few years ago. Has anyone encountered long lines there? What is the average wait time?
Old Jul 7th, 2003, 03:52 PM

Last year I had to change a train in Bologna. I do not recall long lines but..something else... My train was late, I missed my connection. By the way was late at night, around 10.30 or so...the next train was at 02.00 am and guess what there was no restaurant or bar open only one waiting room...not a pretty sight. We went across the street and tried to get something to eat or drink at the bar of the hotel there (I think was a Sofitel) but they said we could not stay because we were not guests...We were dressed nicely so I still do not understand the reasons..Anyway my suggestion is..make sure you do not get stuck there at night.
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 04:03 AM
Intrepid

In a word: disregard that "article"...and taking a train THROUGH Bologna means just that...it stops, people get off and on, it leaves.
I just did it last month and there were no "long lines."

Old Jul 8th, 2003, 05:57 AM

The "terrorist problem" was a bomb left by fascists which killed 80 people. However, they do not check people or luggage passing through Bologna or stopping or starting there. There are usually long lines at the ticket office, so allow plenty of time if you need to buy a ticket there, but if you're on a train passing through, or catching a train, or getting off a train, there are no lines and no problems. The article was obvious nonsense - where did you read it ?
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 10:00 AM
KT

FYI, the Bologna station bombing was 23 years ago. Not exactly a few years ago. I agree with GeoffHamer, above.
Old Jul 8th, 2003, 12:48 PM
Intrepid

Actually I'm not sure we want to KNOW where you read it given the obvious inaccuracy!