Bologna in one day?

Jan 9th, 2011, 01:06 PM
Original Poster

Bologna in one day?

hello everyone , this summer i´m going to do an interRail with my boyfriend though italy.
Milano, Verona, Venice, Bologna, Firenci, Pisa, Roma.
In Bologna we are going to an amusement park one day, and visit the city in the other.
What tips do you guys have for us?
Is it possible to visit the main atractions of the city in one day?
where should i go? what should i visit?
thaks for helping us!
Jan 9th, 2011, 01:46 PM

How long is this trip altogether? it sounds like three weeks - Is that in the ballpark?
Jan 9th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Original Poster

we will stay 2 to 3 days in each city, so it will be about 2 weeks
Jan 9th, 2011, 03:06 PM

The train company of italy is Trenitalia/Ferrovia dello Stato. Here is the official website:

http://www.ferroviedellostato.it/homepage_en.html

You can check prices here and verify whether or not a train pass through some other company would be beneficial for you. For such short distances, I suspect a pass will not be cheaper than normal point-to-point tickets.
Jan 11th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Original Poster

i have been told that the interRail pass is not worth.
Are the train tikets in italy that cheap...? i mean the pass is 150Euros, the tikets for 7 diferent places (verona, venice, bologna, firenze, pisa, roma, milan) will be less than 150Euros?
Jan 11th, 2011, 02:35 PM

Keep in mind that if you want to ride any train but an R train in Italy, even if you have a pass, you will have to pay for a seat reservation, a fee of 5-10 euros per ticket. You might also be able to get discounted tickets by advanced purchase. The only way to know for sure is to try a test itinerary and get prices for each leg of your trip. You can do a test at http://www.railsaver.com/
Jan 11th, 2011, 02:39 PM

Bologna is a wonderful city. By all means see the Duomo and if you are lucky the student organists will be practicing for the morning service. Just sitting and having lunch in the Piazza around the Duomo is a wonderful way to rest tired feet and take in all the activities that happen there. The art museum is good if you are into that sort of thing.