Search

bohemian zurich?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9th, 2004, 01:05 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bohemian zurich?

Hello

I've heard that recently Zurich has had an artistic revival and is now very 'bohemian'. Does anyone know where these parts of town are?

Thanks.
Old Jul 9th, 2004, 03:45 AM

The day Zurich becomes truly "bohemian" in the classic sense will be the day Europe falls off the face of the earth (with Swiss banks undoubtedly gathering the money from organizations charging admission to this "event.&quot

More seriously, there is a wealth of art on view in Zurich if you are willing to look for it but I think what you've "heard" about bohemians may be somewhat exaggerated.
Old Jul 9th, 2004, 05:06 AM

Hi Vonny,

Actually, Zurich has a growing rep as the site of a "creative explosion," to quote the Lonely Planet website. I know that I've heard a lot about its avant-garde design culture. There is a huge street parade in August, modelled after the Berlin Love Parade; I've seen newspaper photos of the action and it looks like Mardi Gras in Rio.

But, unfortunately, I don't know exactly *where* you can find the scene in Zurich. Maybe go to the Lonely Planet website and look for the trendy bars in Zurich or ask at the LP Thorn Tree.

Hope you find it!

s
Old Jul 9th, 2004, 08:47 AM

Good morning, Vonny the area of Zurich you might be looking forward is the area is on the east side of the Limmat River running south from the Bahnhof Brucke to the Quai-Brucke. This is the old town area....Richard of LaGrange Park, IL>
Old Jul 9th, 2004, 11:42 AM

Nope, these areas are in Züri-West. Go to Zurich and everyone will tell you where it exactly is and how you can get there. Seems to be very trendy.