Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Bobthenavigator Wes Fowler's son needs your help!!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27th, 2005, 11:21 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bob,

I am engaged and we are discussing going to Tuscany next year for our honeymoon. While I am researching and looking for my dads old itineraries, I just remembered you are as knowledgeable as he was.

Any assistance on where to find additional information, or even old posts, would be deeply appreciated!!

Thanks so much,

Jason
Old Oct 27th, 2005, 11:58 AM

Obviously I'm not Bob, but congratualtions! Can you start by telling us how long your trip will be and what time of year?
Old Oct 27th, 2005, 12:06 PM

Hi Jason, Congrats on your engagement, pending marriage and on choosing Tuscany for your honeymoon.

If you're looking for Bob's posts, just type Bob the Navigator into the search box at the top of the page. If the search function is working (and if you twitch your nose just right), a zillion past posts should come up.
Old Oct 27th, 2005, 12:20 PM

Hi Jason, Congratulations! Your dad is much missed here on Fodors, he always gave such wonderful information and was such a gentleman. You can search for Bob's posts as noted, or if you see a reply made by him on any post, just click on his name. I'm sure he'll chime in here as well. Another poster with lots of itinerary advice for Tuscany is StuDudley, search for his as well.

From my own recent trip, I can say don't miss Pienza. Loved it! And all that wonderful Pecorino cheese.
Old Oct 27th, 2005, 01:29 PM

Buona sera Jason, I will be happy to help---I have planned about 6 dozen trips to Tuscany. But, the dialogue could get rather long, and I suggest we go off line to chat. Email me at [email protected]. You can also see my classified ad and several of my artilces at slowtrav.com I hope your lovely mother is well.
Old Oct 27th, 2005, 02:27 PM

Congratulations Jason!

Scarlett
Old Oct 28th, 2005, 06:18 AM
Original Poster

Thank you all!! We are at this point at the very beginning of the planning stages so we are not sure when is the perfect time to go or for how long.

Hence, wanting to see some ideas. I have heard Sept. was a good time to go and avoid July and August.

I will do additional research and post again.

Thanks again.
Old Oct 28th, 2005, 06:46 AM

Good goin' Jason! I've come onto Fodor's after your Dad's death and I've come to appreciate his legendary stature here.

>>I have heard Sept. was a good time to go<< We were there mid-Sept last month and were surprised (unpleasantly) at how brown the countryside was. Most of the fields had been harvested and tilled, leaving large chunks of clayey soil.

For that reason, we wished we had chosen the Spring season.
Old Oct 28th, 2005, 08:15 AM
Original Poster

Great information, thank you.

Sandi, I am leaning to doing 7-10 days if not more. I have not been to Italy or Europe so this is the first go around.

We wanted to do Tuscany and so were leaning staying there to relax and not rush anything.

After what Tuck said, it would be late spring early fall time frame.

So the question is what can we do in a relaxing atmosphere and not be hurried travelers or with a mob or tourists.
Old Oct 28th, 2005, 08:30 AM

I think I might have one of your Dad's Belgium itineraries. If you would like me to send it to you, I'd be happy to look for the electronic version. I realize you aren't planning a trip to that area, but if you're trying to collect his suggested itineraries, I bet others have some they would send you as well.