Reload this Page >

Boat Trip on Rhine

Search

Boat Trip on Rhine

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31st, 1997, 06:32 PM
Michael J. Calabro

Boat Trip on Rhine

I am looking for advice on the best boat itinerary on the Rhine/Moesell Rivers for maximum castle tours and wine tasting. Planning a trip in Spring 1998.

Old Sep 3rd, 1997, 02:14 PM
Tricia

Michael, Here is another travel forum with specific topics that may help you www.eurotrip.com and try surfing the net. Alta Vist and Excite the best-Type in "Rhine River Cruises-Germany" and see what you find. Have you tried Rick Steves yet--www.ricksteves.com- another good source of info and be sure you scan back as far as you can in this section because this topic has been up on the board before. Maybe in June or July. See ya!!

Old Sep 7th, 1997, 06:49 PM
Glenn Snider

Micheal, I took a short tour on the Rhine, I followed the advice of Rick Steves and took the "Most Scenic" part of the river. (ST. Goar to Bingen ) It gave a good perspective of how dominating the castles looked from the river. I enjoyed biking along the river on the way back up from the boat tour a bit more. This gave me time to stop and look at the castles and take and photos. It also allowed you to go and further investigate the castle if you desired.

Old Sep 7th, 1997, 07:03 PM
Kathy

Try KD River Cruises, www.rivercruises.com/wincruis.htm or 1-800-598-6100

Old Sep 11th, 1997, 08:22 AM
tricia

Sending this to 9/11 for Val.

Old Sep 11th, 1997, 11:58 AM
Lanny

While I have not done the Rhine, except for a short day cruise a few years ago, I can advise that I have just arrived back (9 Sept.) from an 8 day/7 day Danube River cruise sailing from Nurnberg (Germany) to Budapest (Hungary), passing through Austria (the most scenic part of the river by far) and Slovakia en route. The cruise line I chose was KD which I found on the internet and booked after receiving their literature and the literature of several other river cruising companies. If anyone has queries about river cruising, particularly the Danube, while it is fresh in my mind, feel free to contact me and I'll do my best to answer your questions. Lanny