Boat Tours in Positano

Apr 23rd, 2007, 07:31 AM
Original Poster

Boat Tours in Positano

I'm staying in Positano for a week in early September and I would like to take Gennaro e Salvatore's Almafi Coast Tour. Do I need to book this months in advance or can I decide which day I want to go during my stay in Positano? I don't want to miss out on this tour by not booking in advance but also want to make sure we have nice weather for the tour.
Apr 24th, 2007, 01:58 AM

Hi Nat - You can decide when you're there. They have a little kiosk near the dock where you can book ...

Hope this helps ...

Steve
Apr 24th, 2007, 03:25 AM

We will be in Positano next week after taking the ferry from Capri. We also plan to take the ferry from Positano to Amalfi during our stay. Will booking Salvatore's boat tour be overkill or really add to our experience?
Apr 24th, 2007, 05:47 AM
ira

Hi S,

You can see what you get for your money at www.gennaroesalvatore.it/

Apr 24th, 2007, 06:03 AM

Definitely not overkill. The ferry between Positano and Amalfi is a nice way to get between the two towns, but it moves fairly quickly. Salvatore meanders down slowly down the coast over a period of a couple of hours. If the weather is nice, you'll stop for a swim in several coves and caves. And, the lunch is wonderful (if you like seafood)--outdoors at a secluded restaurant at Conca dei Marini, featuring some of Salvatore's morning catch.

You certainly don't need to book months in advance. We booked it at the kiosk the day before (mid-June). If you're concerned about availability, you could always email G&S a week or so before to check.
Apr 24th, 2007, 06:12 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your help.