Search

Boat from Paros to Napflio

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12th, 2022, 06:53 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boat from Paros to Napflio

Hi
I would like to know if I can transfer from Paros (or another island like maybe Milos) to Napflio without having to go through Athens. Early October. Maybe some private boat or smaller company do this? Any tips?
We are seniors (in good shape) and would like to avoid going through Athens and having to sleep over for one night and renting a car the next day. Ideally, we would like to stay a few nights in Napflio, rent a car from there, and head to Monemvasia for a week before heading back to Athens for flight home. Our total trip is 31/2 weeks and starts with a flight from home to Santorini where we stay for a 3-4 nights.
Old Jun 12th, 2022, 07:42 AM
Forum Moderator

Moved to Europe forum and tagged for Greece.
Old Jun 13th, 2022, 04:24 AM
Original Poster

Thank you
Old Jun 13th, 2022, 04:45 AM

I had made the same inquiry with regard to my upcoming July 2022 trip and don't believe there is such a route, unfortunately. My plan is to ferry to Athens and take a bus back and forth to Nafplio.
Old Jun 13th, 2022, 06:28 AM

No such route exists. It will be necessary for you to return to Athens, either by plane or ferry, before you can proceed to Nafplio. There is a bus from Athens to Nafplio. The nearest ferry port to Nafplio is Ermioni. From there you can take a bus to Nafplio.
Old Jun 18th, 2022, 05:22 AM

Actually there is a ferry route not involving the Piraeus/Athens area.
It utilises the twice weekly ferry route from the west of Crete (Kasteli/Kissamos) to Kythira then a daily ferry from Kythira to Neapoli on the Peloponese which is very near Monemvasia, then of course you can get to Nauplion on the way back to Athens.

So the principle is to arrange your island hopping part to end up in the west of Crete with suitable timing to get that twice weekly ferry from Kastelli/Kissamos to Kythira.
e.g. Daily ferries from Piraeus to Paros or Milos and again onwards to Santorini with its daily ferries to Crete(Heraklion), and then hourly intercity buses to Chania and Kastelli/Kissamos.

https://www.kythira.info/en/ferries/
https://www.kythira.info/en/aqua-jewel-ferry/
https://www.kythira.info/en/porfyrousa/
Old Jun 18th, 2022, 05:51 AM

We returned from Greece on May 29. Our itinerary was Santorini/Naxos/Nafplio/Athens. We flew from Naxos to Athens Airport, where we picked up a rental car to drive to Nafplio. So why don't you fly from Paros to Athens Airport, pick up your car there, and then drive to Nafplio? It's a 2-hour drive. Seems better to me than all this ferry-hopping around and taking buses. Much less stressful. I picked a random date in October and there are 5 flights that day from Paros to Athens Airport.