Search

BMI: Flight from London Heathrow to Dublin

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10th, 2007, 11:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMI: Flight from London Heathrow to Dublin

Hi there! Was wondering...

Any advice or feedback on flying BMI Airlines from London Heathrow to Dublin? Is there another airline that is better?

I have not used BMI before...thanks!

Old Jan 10th, 2007, 11:47 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
BMI is probably the best airline in the UK - service-wise. No worries. Several questions have been posted recently along these lines - seems many folks in The States (and elsewhere) haven't heard of BMI and think it is some small, no-frills airline. It used to be called British Midland, is full service, and has been around a looooong time . . . . .
Old Jan 10th, 2007, 12:40 PM

Yes,I could recommend BMI Airlines....The thing that I could not recommend is Heathrow...I flew from Stansted,(London),to Glasgow....No problems...Straight from plane into airport bus...Underground train to my stop...Straight into work !!!!! Whereas,there was dreadful delays when flying from Heathrow,just because it is so busy......There was a kind of "domino effect",as one was delayed,and this affected all the others .......
Old Jan 10th, 2007, 04:07 PM

BMI is also my DH's favourite carrier. Good service, never lost luggage with them, a part of Star Alliance.

The only alternative I would consider is CityJet (Air France affiliate, I believe) which flies between London City and Dublin. Just because you can avoid Heathrow.
Old Jan 10th, 2007, 04:19 PM

Definately the best airline to Dublin in many ways. Staff are very friendly and accomodating - twice in the last 18 months they switched me to a later flight with no penalty when I missed my own, even though the fault was entirely mine.

For future reference, as a frequent user of BMI from LHR I have OFTEN found their fares to be equal to or even less than the so-called low-cost carriers at certain times of the day. Always check bmi and other full service airlines before assuming Ryanair or Easyjet is always the best deal.
Old Jan 12th, 2007, 05:53 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to all! I booked the "tiny" fare on BMI. Not exactly sure about the Tiny fare?
Old Jan 12th, 2007, 11:30 PM

It's cheap & you don't get a refund if you don't fly on that flight