Reload this Page >

Bloemencorso (flower parade)

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9th, 2001, 01:26 PM
elizabeth

I have found a listing for a flower parade on Sept 23 in Winkel. Cannot find Winkel on the map.Does anyone know where it is in relation to Amsterdam and how to get there? <BR>Thank you

Old Aug 9th, 2001, 01:53 PM
wes fowler

Elizabeth, <BR>Winkel is in Noord Holland about 20 kilometers northwest of Alkmaa. The nearest train station appears to be in Zijdewind about 5 kms from Winkel.

Old Aug 9th, 2001, 02:26 PM
elizabeth

wes, thank you for your reply. By any chance did you mean Alkmaar? I can't find Alkmaa on the map. As well my rail planner does not show Zijdewind. Do you have a good planner or are you going on experience? If it's a planner, do you have a web site? <BR> <BR>Thanks ever so much <BR>Elizabeth

Old Aug 9th, 2001, 02:52 PM
wes fowler

Elizabeth, <BR>My apologies for the misspelling. Winkel is northeast of Alkmaar, northwest of Hoorn. I've driven through it on the way from Amsterdam to Den Oever and the Afsluitdijk enclosing the Ijsselmeer. As I recall, the only train line in that area runs from Amsterdam through Alkmaar to Den Helder. While it passes through Zijdewind, I'm not certain there is a train station in the town. You can find a driving route and map from Amsterdam to Winkel by going to www.viamichelin.com and entering Amsterdam and scrolling to and entering Winkel-Noord Holland. Sorry for the earlier confusion.

Old Aug 9th, 2001, 04:58 PM
elizabeth

Great website, Wes. I'm going to be using it a lot and will be grateful for you giving it to me everytime. <BR>Elizabeth

Old Aug 10th, 2001, 09:37 AM
wes fowler

Elizabeth, <BR>Are you traveling by train or auto? If train, it appears that Schagen which has a train station is the closest town to Winkel. It's about an hour long trip from Amsterdam central station. Schagen is about 15kms from Winkel.