Reload this Page >

Black Forest lodging

Search

Black Forest lodging

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 04:38 PM
Lesia

Black Forest lodging

Can you recommend a family-run inn in the city of Frieberg?

Old Jun 14th, 2001, 06:05 PM
Ingrid

Do you mean Triberg or Freiburg? Triberg in the Black Forest has a website; unfortunately, in German. Follow link Tourismus, then Unterkunft, then Hotel. Some hotels there have English websites. <BR>My mother recommends Park Hotel, cf. <BR>http://www.parkhotel-wehrle.de/index_e.htm

Old Jun 15th, 2001, 10:21 AM
Ingrid

Thanks Ingrid: <BR>I meant Freiburg. Sorry for the misspelling. I didn't have my Fodors at my computer desk. Freiburg is about a 40-minute train ride from Basel, Switzerland. I'll be in Bern, Switzerland in Sept. and want to do a short trip to Freiburg. I am looking for a smaller, quaint town. Lesia

Old Jun 15th, 2001, 11:00 AM
Laura

Try Hotel Rappen. It is very reasonably priced and sits across the square from the Munster. We stayed there a couple of years ago and were very pleased.

Old Jun 15th, 2001, 12:16 PM
Betsy

We stayed here in June 2000 and will return in November 2001. High ceiling rooms, on a tree-lined residential street about a five minute walk to the Muensterplatz, nice buffet breakfast, under $100/night for a huge double. <BR> <BR>Hotel Alleehaus <BR>Marienstr 7 <BR>Freiburg <BR>79098 Germany <BR>From US: 011 49 7613 8760

Old Jun 18th, 2001, 07:49 AM
dan woodlief

Lesia, <BR> <BR>Freiburg is really not smaller than Bern. It think it is actually larger (190,000 versus 130,000). If you have ever visited small to mid-sized American cities, such as Madison, WI, I would say Freiburg is similar. Except that it has a mostly pedestrian historic center. Freiburg is very charming and does seem smaller than it is, and of it has a magnificent cathedral. I have also been to Bern and remember thinking that it reminded me a lot of Freiburg in some ways. I think you will love both. Freiburg, like Bern, is an easy place to visit in a short amount of time.

Old Jun 18th, 2001, 07:56 AM
dan woodlief

My stats may be a little misleading. I think Bern's metro population is over 300,000, and Freiburg's 2001 population total is perhaps over 200,000 (it was about 190,000 when I visited a few years ago).