Search

Black Cabs

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14th, 2000, 01:38 PM
Bearcat

Black Cabs

Does anyone have experience with the Black Cab Line in London for transport from the airport? How reliable are they? <BR> <BR>Has anyone hired them for day tours?

Old Jun 14th, 2000, 06:00 PM
ron

I have found them to be 100% reliable, in that they always took me to the hotel that I asked them to take me to. Or have I misunderstood the question?

Old Jun 14th, 2000, 08:49 PM
Paul J

Hi Bearcat: From my personal (albeit limited) experience, all cabs in London are reliable. And from many other sources I've read that every cab (driver) must pass an extremely stringent test before they receive their licsense. London has a reputation for some of the most honest and reliable drivers of any major city. I would say "Not to worry".... Paul J

Old Jun 15th, 2000, 05:04 AM
Tara

Yes they are reliable. Yes they will get you were you need to go. Yes they know everywhere to go but you will pay for it baby!

Old Jun 15th, 2000, 06:11 AM
Ivan

London's black cab is expensive but reliable. The cab drivers are knowledgeable and have opinions on every subjects under the sun. If you want a quiet ride, don't get them started, otherwise you'll find it difficult to shut them up. But if you ask them nicely, they may give you a running commentary on the sights you drive past. Unless you have money to burn it'll be cheaper to get a tour somewhere else.