Search

Bilbao Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 09:06 AM
Dick Mac

Bilbao Hotels

My wife needs a holiday. We will cruise to Bilbao. We are both big babies and like comfort. Which hotel do you recommend?

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 11:16 AM
ALW

We stayed in a very nice hotel walking distance from everything and with an AMAZING breakfast buffet. It was the Barceló Hotel Nervión. You can see more info. on <BR> <BR>http://www.hotelbook.com/static/welcome_28767.html <BR> <BR>And <BR> <BR>http://interhotel.com/spain/es/hoteles/4440.html <BR> <BR>You can also look at www.bilbao.net. <BR> <BR>Have fun!

Old Jul 10th, 2001, 11:59 PM
Oaktown Traveler

DM: <BR> <BR>We had an incredible stay at Hotel Lopez De Haro. It is a 5 star Luxury hotel...a gem! <BR> <BR>We dined at The Club Nautico restaurant one evening...excellent! <BR> <BR>Our bill was the one horrible piece of our time in Bilbio. <BR> <BR>Happy Travels <BR>Oaktown <BR> <BR>

Old Jul 11th, 2001, 02:00 AM
chistina

I would recommend Hotel Ercilla and Hotel Cartlon both very centraly located.

Old Jul 11th, 2001, 04:18 AM
Dick Mac

Thank you, one and all! Very helpful.

Old Jul 11th, 2001, 11:59 AM
patrick

Another vote for Lopez de Haro. It was superb!

Old Jul 11th, 2001, 06:05 PM
Pedro

Hotel Abando is also nice and well situated.

Old Jul 12th, 2001, 10:38 AM
Lesley

The Hotel Ercilla backs onto a junior school playground. The noise when the kids are out is just amazing. If you stay here, ask for a room at the front. We usually stay at the Indauxu, which is near the Ercilla, but I like it better. If you stay at either of these hotels, eat out at Serantes. Not in the restaurant, in the tapas bar downstairs. Fight your way to the bar and just order from the dishes on display. (before 8 o'clock and after 9.30 it is less crowded).