Reload this Page >

better to leave or take the baby?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 08:12 PM
anu

My husband is going to be having a business trip in london between january 11-15 2003 and thinks it would be nice if we can have a holiday after that in europe. I am all for it but I have a 7 month old son that I will either take with me or leave with my parents. I would love my son to come with me but I do not want to drag him from mumbai, india to the Uk. Also, in london I could get help with my son since I have a few relatives there.

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 08:53 PM
paul

of course. Take the baby with you. When my son was 6 months old, we take him to have a trip to Spain for 2 weeks. When he was 9 months, he had a trip with us to Taiwan. He always enjoy to see different things. He is 15 months old now and have taken airplanes for 34 times. We have a plan to vist London 3 weeks later.

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 09:20 PM
Sherry

I don't know why everyone gets up in arms when someone asks a question about taking children.<BR><BR>It's a personal and individual decision; I personally don't believe that everyone has to give up their lives just because they have children. If YOU feel you can handle it (and I think my husband I could, but maybe others could not), then absolutely do so. <BR><BR>

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 06:51 AM
xxx

Anu-if you &quot;don't want to drag your son from mumbai, India, to the UK&quot;, why in heavens name are you asking a bunch of strangers? I am sure your baby would have a more rewarding experience with his grandparents for the duration.<BR>Flying with babies (unless it's some sort of medical emergency) is selfish and potentially extrememly disruptive to other travellers.

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 06:52 AM
AGAIN !!

Please see the myriad of responses on this subject. You will have a wonderful selection of both Pro &amp; Con including the baby-haters, the old curmudgeons, the Uber-parents &amp; of course the everybody haters. Type in baby - Enjoy !!

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 07:06 AM
A Dad

You should know your child better than anyone on this board. How adaptable is he to new situations and how comfortable is he when it comes to sleeping in a bed other than his own? In addition, you should know better than anyone how you'll feel if you don't see him for a week.<BR><BR>We've felt comfortable leaving our 15 month old with my parents for a few days. We've gone on 3 long weekends since he was born as he's fairly adaptable to new situations and fairly comfortable staying with my parents. I wouldn't feel comfortable going more than a few days with seeeing him. But that's me. You need to determine what is right for you.