Best/Worst Seats on Planes

Mar 13th, 2002, 10:55 AM

Author: Happs ([email protected])
Date: 03/12/2002, 03:19 pm
Message: I remember some time ago I heard that there were seats to avoid and choice seats on airplanes regarding legroom and comfort. Does anyone know where I can find a list of the best and worst seats on different aircraft. I will be on an Iberia flight soon on an MD 80 and they assign seats at the airport so any help on at least what kind of seats to avoid would be helpful. Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mar 14th, 2002, 06:03 AM
alice

I don't know about a list, but these are a couple of locations to avoid. I don't like the last 3-4 rows, b/c the noise level /drone is unpleasant. Don't like just behind bulkhead b/c no storage under seat, since there's no seat. There is more leg room if you don't need to store a bag, but then it's hard to see the movie screen. The seats in front of the emergency rows don't recline. Too close to the lavatory will be noisy/traffic intense.

Mar 14th, 2002, 06:26 AM
Marianne

I am a counter agent and asked a woman if she would like a aisle or a window, she stated "oh no not a window, I just had my hair done!"

True Story

Mar 14th, 2002, 06:41 AM
Dina

Thanks for the giggle, Marianne. Let's hope she was joking?

Mar 14th, 2002, 06:45 AM
Ask

I just flew from California to Amsterdam via New York and found something I think may be useful.

On our return leg from New York to California, I requested an upgrade to Business class (I had just got one on the way from New York to Amsterdam, so I thought I would try again). Although I was told they don't do free upgrades, I was told that many planes have "International Crew Seats" that aren't used on domestic flights. These seats were the last 2 rows in the back of the plane and actually had leg rests that can be manually operated, the leg room was 1 and 1/2 times that of all other seats in economy class, and the seats reclined almost twice as far as the others in economy. From know on I will always ask if these seats are available if an upgrade isn't!

Mar 14th, 2002, 07:50 AM
Dawn

Best seats on a plane? Upstairs Business Class or First Class downstairs at the nose of the plane. As well, the window in these areas because you can spread your legs out on the compartments (there are no overrheads on some planes)

Worst seats? Bulkhead in coach on an overnight flight. You can't put the armrests up. Plus you are near the kitchen on a 747. If I fly coach, I try to sit at the back of the plane. This way I board first and don't have to worry about no room in the overhead compartments. This works but then you have to worry about the line that forms for the bathroom. Or if you have a connecting flight, you then are the last to leave the plane.

Sigh...Sorry it depends! I guess first ask how crowded the plane is. Then you can determine where to sit.

Search this Thread