Best Western Kampa?

Search

Best Western Kampa?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10th, 2003, 06:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Western Kampa?

We are planning a trip to Prague in late March. Does anyone know about the Best Western Kampa near the Charles Bridge on the castle side? Also is it near any transportation?
Old Nov 11th, 2003, 06:50 AM

I've never stayed there (I used to live in Prague), but this would be an EXCELLENT location in my opinion. First of all, it is right on Kampa park, which is a lovely green along the river bank in a beautiful old part of town. You're steps from the river, probably a 5-min. walk to Charles Bridge, and a 2-min. walk to Petrin hill, which is a gorgeous park on a hill, adjacent to the castle hill. You are quite near the trams, which are very convenient and warm, but not near a subway station. Let me know if you have any other questions. You'll have a great time.
Old Nov 11th, 2003, 06:58 AM

we stayed there two years ago in may and thought it was very nice. our room backed up to the empty parking lot which had a park behind it and it was so quiet and peaceful. the breakfast was one of the best spreads i have had in europe.i would definitely recommend it. once you are there you can walk to everything in mala strana and old town. be sure to take an early am walk around there you will love it.
Old Nov 11th, 2003, 07:49 AM

We stayed there last June/July. Great place. Fabulous breakfast. Walk to all. The internet cafe (NY Bagel ?) was just around the corner and across the street is a very good and cheap restaurant called Bar-Bar. Go for it.
Old Nov 13th, 2003, 02:57 PM

travelnut: i do not know if you have any flexible plans, but today on frommers newsletter they had a company offering a air/land or just land package to prague in feb. and they listed the just land package at best western kampa at a really low price...4 nites at $119 per person...that is less than we paid for one night in may! the company was Gate1 Travel...you might check it out...
Old Nov 23rd, 2003, 12:44 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to all of you for the answers! I feel better about Kampa now. WE did book through Gate 1 Travel and I think we really got a good deal. We go March 18 - 24. I would appreciate info on restaurants. Thanks,Nancy
Old Nov 23rd, 2003, 01:52 PM

Bazaar Restaurant on Nerudova (#40) is one of my favorite hangs. In the warm months, it has a great terrace. In the cold months, a cozy, chic, comfy inside. Serves trendy food & drinks. A hip hangout. Go there on your way to, or way from, the castle. Enjoy your trip!
Old Nov 23rd, 2003, 02:40 PM

Hello,

We returned from Prague several weeks ago. You will love it!! I recommend the U Modre Kachicky, Nebovidska 6, Mala Strana. It is very elegant, great food, attentive waiters, pricey but worth it. Also, Stoleti's, Karoliny Svetle St. 21, great food, casual atmosphere and very reasonable prices, about $30.00 for for 3 people.