Reload this Page >

Best Western Hotels in Paris

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27th, 1998, 05:33 AM
Mike Miller

Looking for input from anyone who has stayed in any of the Paris Best Western Hotels. Would like to know about location, quality etc.

Old Jun 27th, 1998, 04:29 PM
ED

HI MIKE, I HAVE BEEN TO PARIS PROBABLY 20 TIMES AND NOW I STAY AT THE IBIS HOTEL AT #2 RUE CAMBRONNE 15 MINUTE WALK FROM EIFFEL TWR. NEWLY RENOVATED HOTEL FOR ABOUT $90 PER NITE FOR 2. THIS IS LIKE AN AMERICAN HOTEL THERE ARE ABOUT 15 IBIS HOTELS IN PARIS, THIS ONE IS NICELY LOCATED AND HAS A METRO STOP JUST OUTSIDE, HAVE FUN, ED

Old Jun 27th, 1998, 07:14 PM
Donna

While in Paris, we looked around for future reference. The Best Westerns there seem to be very charming, well maintained and in excellent locations. You may want to pick a neighborhood first, then a Best Western. The closer you are to a metro station the better - as you will do more walking while in Paris that you can possibly imagine. <BR>

Old Jun 28th, 1998, 07:05 AM
Monica

What are the prices at Best Western? Are there any in the Latin quarter?

Old Jun 28th, 1998, 09:20 AM
linda

My family stayed at the Best Western near the Cluny museum in the Latin Quarter. We had a huge quad, modern bathroom, breakfast included, for about $220 a night, I think. We were very pleased. It was small, "charming," and the staff was very helpful. I have also stayed in a Best Western by the Opera and it too was quite nice. Can't remember the price, though. It's easy to deal with a US chain, and we've found that Best Western is the US chain most likely to have small centrally located hotels.

Old Jun 28th, 1998, 09:29 PM
Raeona

In the Latin Quater, there is a section called Rue Moufettarde....or a similar spelling....It's a very busy little alley like street with lots of restaurants and shops. We were surprised to see, on this little stretch, what appeared to be a small, private hotel...but with a Best Western (or was it Comfort?) sign...Anyway, you CAN find a chain motel in an interesting area, is the moral. <BR> <BR>However....non-American chains have such decent prices (right around $100/night, as good, or better than any American city), why would you bother to stay somewhere that might be just like home???

Old Jun 29th, 1998, 12:56 PM
Christina

Several of the above responses, particularly the <BR>one directly above, do not know what Best <BR> Western is in Europe. It is not an American <BR>chain hotel. It is a hotel consortium, as I understand it, <BR>that a locally-owned hotel can belong to for a fee in order to gain from the <BR>Best Western publicity and referrals. European <BR>Best Western hotels are not usu. run nor owned by <BR>Americans, nor are these hotels built by the American <BR>chain, etc., as may be the case in the U.S. They <BR>are locally owned and operated hotels, many in <BR>older buildings. Most are of moderate size. <BR>Staying in one will not be remotely like staying in <BR>a Best Western motel in the U.S. They are not motels, <BR>either. In short, they are just like many <BR>other smaller European hotels, except that it is <BR>easy to make reservations with their 800 phone number and the quality <BR>and standards are a little more predictable, because <BR>they do have standards to be a member. In short, <BR>if you have no idea where to stay and want to be <BR>relatively secure and safe in your choice of hotel, <BR>an easy way is to reserve at a Best Western in <BR>Europe. You will rarely go terribly wrong. <BR>Having said that, I stayed at one somebody mentioned <BR>above, I think, the Jardin de Cluny in the 5th arr. -- <BR>it was okay but I would not stay there again nor <BR>recommend it; I think it was overpriced for the <BR>quality. The management was very nice and <BR>professional, and the bathrooms were very good. <BR>My problem was I had a single room which are <BR>often the worst in a hotel--it was noisy, dark, had <BR>no ventilation except a window that overlooked an <BR>interior service area air shaft--this got little natural <BR>light and no breeze and was EXTREMELY noisy <BR>until all hours of the night; plus, it was next to the <BR>elevator. Upkeep was adequate <BR>and the location is convenient, but I thought this <BR>crummy room was not worth what I paid. If you got <BR>a nicer room in this hotel, on an outside window, it <BR>would probably be fine. Frequently traveling as a <BR>single, I know we often get the shaft as to the <BR>quality of hotel rooms--they are usually the worst <BR>in the hotel.