Reload this Page >

Best way out of Rome

Search

Best way out of Rome

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6th, 2001, 09:38 AM
Eileen

Best way out of Rome

We are staying near the Palace Borghese for a few days and then renting cars through AutoEurope to drive to Tuscany. We can pick up the cars near the Spanish Steps or near the Vatican. Does anyone know on which route out of town we would encounter the least amount of traffic? From looking at a map it seems like it might be easier to leave from the Vatican. I'm not too crazy about driving in Rome at all.

Old Mar 6th, 2001, 05:02 PM
ricahrd j vicek

Good evening, Eileen Can not find <BR>a PALACE BORGHESE, can you furnish an <BR>address and perhaps can help you then. <BR>Richard of La Grange Park, Il...

Old Mar 6th, 2001, 05:51 PM
Ed

All things being equal a site near the Vatican is going to be a bit easier, but just a bit. There's not much more than two kms. difference. <BR> <BR>Early morning would be your best choice of time, or mid morning or mid afternoon as second alternates. <BR> <BR>You won't have a terribly difficult time getting out. It's a pretty straight shot to the northbound motorway.

Old Mar 6th, 2001, 07:07 PM
Eileen

Richard, <BR>The address of the hotel is Largo Fontanella Borghese.

Old Mar 7th, 2001, 06:17 AM
Pam

topping

Old Mar 7th, 2001, 06:33 AM
BOB THE NAVIGATOR

Eileen, I am doing the same exact thing in about 3 weeks---will depart Rome on 3 April going to south Tuscany. We are picking up the car at Termini from Auto Europe--why not there?