Best Way From Heathrow to Harrogate

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7th, 2010, 04:12 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have a friend who is making me schlep up to Harrogate for his wedding and was hoping to find the best way to get there. As far as I can tell, it looks like heading to Kings Cross and taking the train from there is the best option, but am open to any other ideas.

We arrive around 12:30 on a Tuesday into T4. We will have Fast Track (wife doesn't have IRIS yet) and priority bags, so should be out relatively quickly. We will have a fair amount of luggage, I'm sure.

Thanks for your help.
Old Dec 7th, 2010, 05:09 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The train is pretty good, I guess there is a coach but you have to get to Victoria and book way ahead and then ....

www.nationalexpress.com gives you the clues. The flights into Leeds Bradford from London come from Gatwick so you would have to look at a double flight to Schipol or Paris (cannot be good) or take the coach to Gatwick and then..

Where you staying?
Old Dec 7th, 2010, 06:28 AM
Original Poster

That is what I feared. I was sort of hoping for some secret bus from Heathrow, or another routing on the train that didn't require heading to Kings Cross first. Oh well, it is hardly the end of the world.

Theoretically, we could have routed through AMS or CDG to get to Leeds, but given the extra time involved vs the MSP-LHR nonstop, along with the fact that the MSP-LHR routing has flat beds, we decided to just book into LHR and deal with the train.

We are staying at the Hotel du Vin.
Old Dec 7th, 2010, 09:43 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Well -- the easiest/fastest would have been to fly into MAN instead of LHR. Train from MAN to Harrogate takes about 2.5 hrs w/ one change.
Old Dec 7th, 2010, 09:56 AM

If taking the train to Harrogate then go via Leeds rather than York as the service is a bit more frequent to Harrogate

You could also take a coach from Heathrow to Leeds without going into London and then take the 36 bus from there

http://www.harrogatebus.co.uk/?subSiteID=12