Reload this Page >

Best time to book?

Search

Best time to book?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27th, 2002, 02:20 PM
gb

Best time to book?

We are planning to be in Paris in June (family of 4-need a Quad). How far ahead of time should I book a room? If there is a war going on, we might stay home-depends on situation>

Old Oct 27th, 2002, 02:29 PM
Christina

If I were you, I'd try to book something early in the year, mainly because you want a quad and those are rare. I don't know of any hotel where you can't cancel a few days ahead of time, if necessary (unless you reserve through some service or prepay, so don't do that).

Old Oct 28th, 2002, 04:54 AM
Janie

GB<BR>June is the start of the busy season in Europe. I would suggest you book it by March - even then you may have difficuly getting exactly the hotel you want. People in Europe book their holidays well in advance of journey time. I would suggest to email or phone the hotel you have in mind and ask their advice on the matter.

Old Oct 28th, 2002, 05:02 AM
brownie

I agree with the previous poster. March might be the latest you want to leave things.<BR><BR>Most places accept bookings and you usually have to re-confirm closer to the date. The earliest any place I've heard asking for payment is a month before, and that was during the festival time in Edinburgh. Most of my other bookings while travelling in Europe have been a reconfirmation a week or 3 days before.<BR><BR>The best would be to call the hotel.<BR><BR>-Brownie.

Old Oct 28th, 2002, 05:07 AM
SA

I've already started planning for March, it is never too soon.