best small hotel in Zurich

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 02:14 AM
Jenny

best small hotel in Zurich

My sister and I stayed in this cozy hotel a few years ago and have wanted to go back since. We are returning in May in hopes that it has remained the same. The white crisp bedding and white room we stayed in was so clean and fresh. My son even stayed here on his way back from South Africa, just in time for a snow storm in January.

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 05:02 AM
Puck

And this hotel is ......... ????????????

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 06:17 AM
Ursula

Jenny: Although I live in Zurich, I really do wonder about which hotel you might talk.... there are some nice little cozy places here with white crisp bedding (I guess)!

Old Feb 23rd, 2001, 06:44 AM
Patrick

I guess I'm confused as I often am around here, but Jenny, what is it you want to know? Have you forgotten the name of the hotel you describe and are hoping one of us will remind you? In that case, the hotel that comes to mind is the Kindli, although most of their rooms are not white. They generally have Laura Ashley wallpapers and deep colors, but certainly do have crisp white linens. And the terms "cozy" and "best small hotel" certainly could apply.

Old Feb 25th, 2001, 04:43 AM
Nick Birbeck

- or maybe the Zum Storchen?

Old Feb 25th, 2001, 06:12 AM
Ed

Well, if we're going to play guessing games, my take on the best small hotel in Zuerich is the Splugenschloss. <BR> <BR>Ed

Old Feb 25th, 2001, 12:19 PM
T Robbe

My guess/recommendation is Hotel Alder. Great location, nice people, very white, clean, and modern. On Rosengasse.

Old Feb 25th, 2001, 01:56 PM
Patrick

Jenny, are you out there? It would be nice to have you answer if we are on the right track or if we have hit it yet.

Old Feb 26th, 2001, 03:07 PM
lisa

I stayed at Eden au Lac in Zurich last July and plan to go back this July. The service is excellent and the location convenient. The rooms that face the laske are the best.