Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Accommodations in Salzburg over Easter???

Old Feb 25th, 2001, 10:10 AM
Leslie

My father is looking for a gasthof or pension in or close to Salzburg during the Easter weekend. As far as I can tell, most of the hotels are booked solid because of the concerts / festivals. Does anybody have any recommendations that may have a good chance of being available? They will not have a car and will want to use taxis and public transportation to get around. They are teachers so only have this time available to go. Thanks for any suggestions you can provide.

Old Feb 25th, 2001, 03:08 PM
Sue

Hotel Pension Trumer Stube is nice, close to old town; however, it too may be booked up. Give it a try. http://members.eunet.at/hotel.trumer-stube.sbg/

Good luck!

Old Feb 25th, 2001, 05:31 PM
mj

Leslie,

I know it's a bit far but I heartly recommend Gasthaus Horterer in Hammer-Siegsdorf, Germany - stayed for one night 3 weeks ago on our way to Salzburg.

According to DB website it's ~1:20 by train to Salzburg (~45 minutes by car).
Wonderful family owned Inn - property in the family since the 1300s'- superb restaurant. I have NO idea how far they are from the station.
http://www.hammerwirt.com/hphawi.html

Old Feb 25th, 2001, 05:43 PM
Leslie

Thanks for the tips. I will look into them both. The Gasthaus Horterer photos look great! I'll call and see how close they are to the DB. They're actully travelling from Munich, so it may be on the way. Wish I was going with them and not just the 'travel agent'!

Old Feb 25th, 2001, 05:58 PM
Rich

Salzburg has it's own web page with Hotels listed. It's www.salzburginfo.at/desk/frame_home_e. htm I hope this can be of some help. You'll love Salzburg! GruB gott!

Old Feb 26th, 2001, 03:17 PM
Leslie

Rich, Thanks so much for the website. I sent an email to the Salzburg City Tourist Office. They were very quick to respond and found me a room at Hotel Goldene Krone. It is not too far from the old city, and should work out well for my Dad, and fits his budget. Thanks again.