Reload this Page >

Best route to Cyprus

Search

Best route to Cyprus

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 06:45 AM
Marty

Best route to Cyprus

I need to travel from the U.S. to Cyprus to attend an event in Novermber 2003. I have almost no experience in travel in Europe. I have more time than money. I am thinking my best and most economical route to get to Cyprus would be to travel to London and make my way from there. <BR><BR>Can anybody here give me any advice or point me in the right direction to

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 06:47 AM
Marty

<BR>Darn this laptop. I am forever hitting keys or the touchpad with my thumb and doing strange things.<BR><BR>Can anybody here give me any advice or point me in the right direction to begin planning?<BR><BR>Thanks.

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 07:53 AM
Maggie

May I suggest that you try OPODO for a reasonable priced flight from London to Cyprus.<BR>Regards<BR>Maggie.

Old Jan 7th, 2003, 02:09 PM
Marty

<BR>Thanks, Maggie.

Old Jan 9th, 2003, 05:32 AM
Matt

Marty, I am going to cyprus tomorrow. I am going to stop in Amsterdam, then go to Cyprus. That might be one route you may consider taking. <BR><BR>Matt

Old Jan 12th, 2003, 05:02 AM
Byron

London, Amsterdam and Athens. Those are the three ways we go from Toronto, Canada. All in all, it's a long trip. When we go through Athens, we stay one night and enjoy the day there to break the trip. Good luck.

Old Jan 19th, 2003, 06:53 PM
Marty

<BR>Thanks Matt and Byron, that is just what I was looking for.<BR><BR>A friend of mine suggested a boat from Athens. Have any of you ever traveled to Cyprus that way? Is it more economical than flying? More convenient?

Old Feb 2nd, 2003, 09:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I vacationed in Cyprus in November, 2002. I found that the best way- read cheapest- was to fly to London first, then on to Cyprus. I personally flew British airways on the London to Larnaca route because of the schedule.BA leaves for Cyprus in the morning- 8 am, and the return to london was in the afternoon, around 4 pm. Cyprus airways also left in the morning, but the return was at 3:35 AM...too inconvenient for me. However, they will be your least expensive option, so you'll just need to way the cost versus convenience. By the way, i loved Cyprus! been to 55 countries, and it was amoung my favorite...great people, delicious food, and safe.
Old Feb 15th, 2003, 08:37 PM

There are several options for connecting into Cyprus....... London, Paris, Frankfurt, Athens. You may have to use two different airlines to get the best price. Have you tried sizing up the competition? I've found the orbitz.com is a good way to get a feel for everyone's prices. Good luck and, enjoy, it's a beautiful country!
Old Feb 16th, 2003, 01:36 AM

Marty, I assume you're travelling to Southern Cyprus. If by any chance it's Northern Cyprus you're going to, then I don't think you'd have any option other than to go via Turkey.
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 04:22 PM
scumpy

Topping

I am interested in going to Cyprus as well, southern part, although I think the northern half may be open now.

I would be traveling from Seattle/Vancouver, B.C. area and would be looking for most economical route in October 2003.

Old Jul 31st, 2003, 06:36 PM
scumpy

Heh, I am managing to go for almost free. I discovered spouse and I both had close to 40,000 frequent flyer points on Delta, just had to buy a few thousand on each account. Turns out we could get all the way from Seattle to Larnaca, Cyprus on Delta and partner Czech Air, AND we can take a layover in Prague coming or going.

Yay!