Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Hotel in Positano -- Palazzo Murat or Hotel Poseidon?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11th, 2017, 07:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking forward to 4 wonderful days in Positano starting August 31. Both hotels offer standard rooms with terrace. Poseidon is $100 more w side sea view. The pool and view at the Poseidon looks better but Murat seems to be closer to town center and restaurants and perhaps nicer rooms. We expect to spend our days by the pool or at the beach. The Murat rooms has a garden view and the gardens look nice but it might be a shame to go to Positano and not have a sea view. Appreciate any comments from poster who may know both. Who has the better breakfast? Could be deal breaker. Thanks.
Old Apr 11th, 2017, 11:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've stayed at the Murat several times and can endorse it as a great location, good food and excellent rooms. We did have a sea view but that wouldn't be my deal breaker.
Old Apr 11th, 2017, 11:51 AM
ekc

I have stayed at an apartment across from Poseidon and an apartment overlooking the gardens of Murat and I would choose Poseidon over Murat in a heartbeat. I always want a good view of the sea and/or the village and Poseidon has them in spades. It is only a 10-15 minute walk from Poseidon to Murat and there are many restaurants near Poseidon also. Especially in August/September it can be terribly crowded on the pedestrian walkway outside of Murat, so you are fighting the crowds every time you leave.
Old Apr 11th, 2017, 01:29 PM

I have only stayed at The Poseidon, but the views and breakfast (!!) would give it the edge for me. Just a FYI: The pool at the Poseidon is pretty tiny, so if you're interested in that, look elsewhere.