Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Best place to buy a garnet ring in Prague?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27th, 2002, 06:40 AM
Marcie

My Aunt would like me to buy her a garnet ring while in Prague. Any suggested reputable jewelers?? We will be staying in the Old Town area. Thanks, Marcie

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 01:01 PM
Marcie

Anyone??

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 07:30 PM
Christina

I've bought garnet jewelry in two stores in Prague, both of which I'd recommend highly. One is Granat Turnov at 30 Dlouha (a few blocks from Old Town square)--that's the society or cooperative or something that kind of controls garnets in Czech Republic (probably like DeBeers for garnets). They have a large selection and are reputable, good service -- all prices. The other store I liked was a smaller boutique type places called Cesky Granat at 4 Celetna, also very near the square (other side). They have a smaller, but good collection, I found somewhat more interesting pieces there. Most of their stuff is gold or gold-plated settings, whereas Granat Turnov has everything from just sterling silver to gold. I think these stores are consistently cited as best choices in many guidebooks, that's where I found them.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 06:32 AM
Marcie

Thank you Christina!! Marcie