Reload this Page >

BEST PIZZA - ROME :)

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3rd, 1999, 03:42 AM
edna

WHEN THINKING OF ITALIAN FOOD PASTA IS A NATURAL AND SO IS PIZZA! Looking for recommendations and opinions on the best THIN - CRUSTED PIZZA in Rome. <BR> <BR>Grazie, <BR>Edna

Old Nov 3rd, 1999, 08:33 AM
Paulo

Brazilians say that the best pizza in the world is to be found in São Paulo ... many Americans say that the best pizza may be found in the US ... so, I hope you're not in for a disapointment! <BR> <BR>We certainly never marked down a special place in Italy planning to go out to have a pizza. When the time was right and we felt like having one, we just went out looking for one or asked the hotel desk or restaurant waiters for suggestions ... <BR> <BR>In Rome, I would recommend: <BR>a) Acchiappafantasmi (Via Dei Cappellari 66, phone +39 06 6873462, closed in August and Tuesdays) This is just off Piazza Campo de' Fiori. You should spend about Lit 30,000. <BR> <BR>b) San Calisto (Piazza San Calisto 9/a, phone +39 06 5818256, closed on Mondays, open only on evenings) Colorfull and fun bar in Trastevere, very close to the main piazza and a bit cheaper than the above. <BR> <BR>I don't remember where I had what, and don't know how they call it, but try the pizza with buffalo mozarella, tomato, garlic, capers, salamini and anchovies if available ... <BR> <BR>In turn, we were told that each one of the above was the best one could find in Rome. But we were also told that the most famous ones were Baffetto (via del Governo Vecchio 114, near piazza Navona) and Remo a Testaccio (piazza Santa Maria Liberatrice 44, somewhat out of the way relatively close to the Therme di Caracalla). We didn't try them out. <BR> <BR>Paulo <BR> <BR>

Old Nov 3rd, 1999, 11:16 AM
Marilyn Ham

The absolute best--very, very thin crust pizza in Rome can be had at Buffetos off Piazza Navona. Marilyn

Old Nov 3rd, 1999, 01:22 PM
Ed

Once while in ROme I asked awell-traveled Italian friend, "Where is the best pizza?" Much to my surprise he replied, "New York." And he was serious! <BR> <BR>Italian pizza is pretty good. But if you're used to good American pizza (preferably from NYC, in fact), you'll find Italian pizza somewhat different. Good in its own right. Not too much thick crust to be found in Rome ... that's more in the style of southern Italy.

Old Nov 9th, 1999, 11:19 AM
cherie

We had some nice pizza(s)! at Dolce Vita on Plza. Navona. Great people-watching there, too.

Old Nov 10th, 1999, 05:21 AM
Richard

We don't have a favorite place for pizza, but we do like the Quatro Stazione, the pizza is divided in quarters and each quarter has a different topping. Also, our real favorite is 'telefono di suppli' not a pizza but a real treat, funny name but good food.

Old Nov 10th, 1999, 06:25 AM
sera

Try Pizzeria l'Archetto, Via Germanico, 105 (in the Prati area). Think it's still there. Sit-down restaurant; great 'za and fiori di zucca.