Best pizza and best dining in Naples

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19th, 2006, 12:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Our October cruise will include a stop in Naples. Most excursions go to Capri, Pompeii, Positano, etc. We, however, are viewing this as a special opportunity to see a destination we'd otherwise never think of going to--and, of course, that brings up the important matter of the one meal we will have there--lunch. Ordinarily we'd check out Michelin for a one star place or similar, but in Naples it seems like we're almost obliged to do pizza. But where? Needs to be near port or central city. Your first-hand recs, please. We'll appreciate it. If you have a rec for a non-pizza, fine dining place, throw it in. We may rethink our pizza fixation. Thanks.
Old Aug 19th, 2006, 12:05 PM
ira

Hi JV,

I strongly urge you to visit the Capella Sansevero to see the Veiled Christ.

The Pizza Bellini on Piazza Bellini is a very good restaurant - serves more than pizza.

Old Aug 19th, 2006, 12:07 PM

In Naples for one lunch you have to have pizza! I like Michele and there are many other fodorite faves, put in pizza Naples in the search and they should all come up, even a few discussions on the best. Have fun.
Old Aug 19th, 2006, 03:08 PM

I second the recommendation to visit Capella Sansevero and see the Veiled Christ, it's amazing.

Can personally recommend da Michele for delicious pizza. Definitely not fine dining but a great Neapolitan experience.
Old Aug 19th, 2006, 03:21 PM

I'll be a 3rd voice to see the Cappello San Severo -- and I'm also going to suggest you pay a visit to the mosaics from Pompeii in the famous archeology in Napoli. I wished that when I was there I had taken an underground tour of Napoli.

But since Roman pizza is my personal favorite, I'll let others steer you to their favorite pizze in Napoli.

Old Aug 19th, 2006, 07:49 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the responses and recommendations. More welcome. we're getting excited about the possibilities.