Best Paris shoe stores?

Search

Best Paris shoe stores?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1st, 2007, 08:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Paris shoe stores?

Next week, my father, sister, and I will be visiting Paris for a week. We'll be staying in the 11th - Oberkampf area. My sister and I just love shoes - any suggestions on the best places to go in Paris for shoe shopping?
Old Mar 1st, 2007, 09:15 AM

Palais de la Chaussure, you probably will see ads for it on the metro. Well, that's sort of a joke, they aren't designer things, but it is right in the 11th near Parmentier, so why not (39 av de la Republique).

I don't shop for shoes much in Paris, they are too expensive and my feet are too big, but there are always the designer stores and stores for specific brands, if you want (like Mephisto). There are some cheaper shoe shops in St Germain I've noticed, a couple on Vieux Colombier and on rue du Dragon which turns into rue du Cherche-Midi.

The dept. stores are good, Galeries Lafayette has quite a few, including designer brands, but you may as well go to Printemps for that as I think they now have one entire floor just dedicated to shoes, or almost anyway (level 5). They don't have some of the brands GL has, though (like Arche or Mephisto). They both have Camper, but they also have their own stores. There's a Camper in the Marais at 9, rue des Francs-Bourgeois. There's also one at 1, rue du Cherche-Midi.
Old Mar 1st, 2007, 09:32 AM

Lots of shoe stores on rue du Cherche-Midi between Carrefour de la Croix Rouge and Boulevard Raspail in the 6th.
Old Mar 1st, 2007, 12:13 PM

In the 6th quarter there are tons of shoe stores all over. Jonak is a good store where you can find the newest styles for cheaper styles. However, if you want something more high-end, my all-time favorite place to get shoes (after much shopping in Paris) is Le Bon Marché or Le Printemps. Can't beat them for selection and quality...
Old Mar 1st, 2007, 12:35 PM

If money is no object and you like the unusual and cutting-edge fashion, try Colette at 219 rue Saint-Honore. Not for the wallflower type, sweetie darling.

www.colette.fr
Old Mar 1st, 2007, 12:37 PM

I definitely would also recommend Jonak. There is one on rue de Rennes in the 6th. The shoes are about 70 euro/pair, if I remember correctly. I'm definitely going to a few pairs from there when I go to Paris in a few weeks. If you're interested in clothes, you should also check out stores such as Les Petites, Tara Jaramon, and Maje--all located around St. Germain des Pres area. Also, rue Francs Bourgeois in the Marais has tons of cute boutiques. Have fun!
Old Mar 1st, 2007, 02:31 PM

My wife has over 150 pairs of designer shoes. Luckily she doesn't know I tell people that.

On our last trip to Paris she found Harel shoes in the 6th Arrondisement, by the Luxembourg Gardens. I'm sure there are many other stores.

It's their own brand. The SHOES ARE STUNNING, even the box is stunning.

They were about $300 US, but probably more expensive now. This is the only shoe I've really liked in her collection.

She keeps them in the Manolo section, away from the Brunos and Pliners and Ferrogamo plebians.

Luckily she bought most of the shoes before we met.

Check the web out for these shoes. you really won't be disappointed.

A hint. use www.google.fr and you will get many more hits. Most web sites translate into English.
Old Mar 1st, 2007, 02:38 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Rastaguy, I love Dries Van Noten clothes and shoes. He has opened a beutiful shop in Paris in the 6th at 7 quai Malaquais. Has she ben there?
Old Mar 1st, 2007, 02:43 PM

Plebian Ferragamos? I wear Ferragamo and I am anything but plebian.

And I don't buy my Ferragamos at The Rack at Nordstom, either. (Only Anastasia Beaverhausen would do that.)

Mimi, I see you in Matsuda or Alaia.
Old Mar 1st, 2007, 04:26 PM

Robert Clergerie. A very good French name but not that well known. His loafers are classics that will last for years.
The 2007 s/s line is pretty Zen in feel, I really like the "Mousse" open sandals. Also the Oural and Nadoura heels (Nadoura is a little too high for me, Oural is dressy and summery).
He has several boutiques in Paris, although I know the one on the Ave. Victor Hugo best.
http://www.robertclergerie.com/
Old Mar 1st, 2007, 05:28 PM

Mimi,

I'm not trying to put certain shoes down, but I did build the shoe closet (a la Imelda) for her. Every shoe is in its original shoe box, with notations on the side (except for the special shoes) and the original sales slip is always in the box.

A tad anal, but what can I say?

By the way, she does have 15-20 pairs of Ferragamos.

Luckily you didn't say anything about fragrances, in which she is really a fanatic about.

When I showed 'part' of the message regarding plebian, she said 'what about the Weitzmans and DKNYs?'

It's hard to keep an obsessive woman down.
Old Mar 1st, 2007, 06:18 PM

Does anyone know if and where you can purchase French Sole in Paris????
Old Mar 1st, 2007, 06:30 PM

you can buy them from California.
I would buy mine from London but now the laws are changed, they can no longer ship to the USA.
Old Mar 1st, 2007, 06:33 PM

I just googled and surprised to see that Zappos carries them(in California, they are called London Sole)
Old Mar 1st, 2007, 06:35 PM

Mimi,

I order them from New York, but just wondered if they were available in Paris....I just saw recently that you could get them in London.
Old Mar 1st, 2007, 06:46 PM

traviata, the woman is British who first started the original store in London. French Sole is the brainchild of shoe designer Jane Winkworth who founded the original company twenty years ago and is Managing Director and principal owner. After came the L.A. London Sole.
Old Mar 1st, 2007, 06:50 PM

Shoes! I have to bookmark this thread. As well as that chocolate thread that's going on! Shoes and chocolate. Paris, here I come (in spring 2008)
Old Mar 1st, 2007, 06:51 PM

Thanks Mimi,

One of the salespeople told me the shoes are made in Hong Kong....very international shoe!!
Old Mar 1st, 2007, 06:59 PM

I went to my closet to recheck mine. They are made in France.
Old Mar 1st, 2007, 07:03 PM

Mimi,

You are right!! I just went to check my newest pair and there it was....so, they must be available in Paris. We'll just have to find out where....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -