Reload this Page >

Best of Hotels in Rome and Venice?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25th, 2001, 12:50 PM
Alice

My husband and I are traveling to Rome and Venice the last two weeks of April. Has anyone stayed at the Hassler or the Inn at the Spanish Steps? Can you get a good rate at either or is the Hassler worth the extra? <BR>Also, is the Gritti the best place to stay in Venice? Are there others as well located and as nice with better rates? Thanks for your suggestions. Does anyone have tips on geting the best rates at these luxury hotels?

Old Jan 25th, 2001, 01:30 PM
richardab

As the poster child for the Hotel Due I must receoomend it. Its not the most glamourous hotel, but its definitely the friendliest, quietest and most central! <BR> <BR>I have pic of it on my websight-- <BR> <BR>http://home.earthlink.net/~richardab/ <BR> <BR>Follow the path <BR> <BR>enter&gt;fly&gt;europe&gt;rome&gt;sleep <BR> <BR>My sight also has a lot of other Rome Info such as Hotels, restaurants, and travel info. <BR> <BR>I hope it helps!

Old Jan 27th, 2001, 09:32 AM
Marcie

With regards to Venice, although the Gritti is very nice, we prefer the Hotel Europa & Regina more....great location and very classy. We were fortunate enough to get a room with a huge balcony with a view to die for. Good Luck

Old Jan 27th, 2001, 01:38 PM
ruthie

The Hotel Locarno in Rome was so wonderful--it has a wonderful lobby/bar/sitting room with a patio. Plus there is a rooftop patio from which you can see the Vatican and many other great sites. It's right off the Piazza del Popolo & Via del Corso. We had a double superior room which was smallish but very clean and nice. I think it was about $125 per night. The staff is very helpful, too.

Old Jan 27th, 2001, 01:55 PM
Karen

In Rome if you want top of the Spanish Steps we stayed at the Hotel Scalinata. It is across the street from the Hassler. (Walk across the street at night and have a drink at the Hassler Bar) Great little hotel and great location. Best Rooms are #3, 6 0r 15 and 16/18 is a suite. <BR>Fax 60/69.94.05.98 <BR> <BR>KAren

Old Jan 29th, 2001, 08:20 AM
Sandy

My husband and I also were fortunate to stay at the Europa & Regina and had a spectacular room with a beautiful large balcony on the Grand Canal. I would definitely stay there again, they could not have been more hospitable or helpful in every possible way. <BR>

Old Jan 29th, 2001, 04:07 PM
g&g

about a year ago, we stayed at the monaco grand hotel. it is located right on the grand canel, where it was easy to catch a vaparetto to anywhere. it was much fun to watch all the activity on the canel. the service was great. it,s right across the way from harry's bar, which for us,was tottaly overrated. wherever you end up, have a great trip.

Old Jan 29th, 2001, 04:14 PM
richardab (

hey dick <BR> <BR>do you get paid to promote this hotel?

Old Jan 29th, 2001, 06:42 PM
Dona

Alice, <BR> <BR>The Hassler is reputed to be Rome's finest - I stayed at Scalinata D'Spagna - it's not in the same league but it's a lovely small hotel right across the street. The Hassler seems a bit stuffy for me. I'd probably prefer the Eden - and if you don't stay there, you have to got to the roof for lunch - it's spectacular. <BR> <BR>In Venice, I used to think the Gritti was my hotel of choice - and, again, it's lovely - but I've discovered the Eurpoa and Regina - and I like it's centrally located yet hidden location. <BR> <BR>You can't go wrong with any of them... <BR> <BR>Dona

Old Feb 1st, 2001, 11:02 AM
Phil

We were fortunate enough to stay at the Monaco Grand while in Venice. It was heaven, exquisitely appointed rooms with a view of the grand canal that can`t be beat. Lovely staff...next door to Harrys Bar which was fun for lunch, overpriced but hey, you could almost feel Papa Hemingway`s presence! <BR>Hotel Ambasciatori in Rome was elegant and most of all centrally located on a gorgeous street, the Via Veneto. <BR>Bona Fortuni.........Phil